Okay, I need help.....again. Who knows about cats?

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Okay, the kid is sleeping through the night like a champ now. But I have a new problem. My cat, who I have had for two years, all the sudden started tinkling on everything! She will go in the litter box but then 5 minutes later she will hop up in the bed, look at me and smile, then whiz all over everything.

So, does anyone here know if it may be urinary tract infection or should I just stick this little furball in a CATapolt and launch her?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I vote CATapult. Ours has learned that he needs to be outside most of the time now. (How did I let a 3-year old girl talk me into letting her keep a cat? :|)

Is the "ThunderCat" spayed? I wonder if that may have something to do with it. :think:

Last edited:

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
She is spayed. It sucks because I know it is not her fault and she is a good cat. Plus, I hate thinking that if I leave her outside, some little punk ass kid in the hood may stick a bottlerocket up her butt or something.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Okay, before this gets out of hand....if you are a cat hater, don't reply. Please.....thank you.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
This could be a urinary track infection, but it might not.
Our cat when he was 7 had a urinary track infection. The only thing was that she would try to "whiz" but she couldn't. Now i dont know if you can have a urinary track infection and still go to the bathroom or not? In our cats case she tried to "whiz" but couldnt. When we took her down to the vet, they said if you didnt bring her down that day she would have died :(, so we had to have same day surgury on her but everything went well and she never (knock on wood) had another one yet. but anyways i would have the cat checked out ASAP.
Marc

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Thanks Marc, I think I will. If she died, my son and I would both be pretty upset.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I hate cats! But have unfortunately had to endure them for years. It may be FUS (not an infection). I don't know if it is associated with female cats but it sure is with males. Many times it can be controlled with diet (a special blend for urinary tract problems). Sometimes animals will do that to show us that they have a problem. Something to look into with your vet.

Course.... it could just be acting pissy because of the competition for attention. If that's the case... it's chipper/shredder time. :p

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
some little punk ass kid in the hood may stick a bottlerocket up her butt or something.

So.....I see my nephew has been around the neighborhood again.

Check for a UTI, very possible, in early stages there is a sensation of the need to urinate. Is there a lot or urine, or just a little bit. If it's a lot, chances are the cat has copped an attitude. If it's attitude, I wish you luck. Dogs are much easier to cure of such misbehavior. :eek:

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Many times it can be controlled with diet (a special blend for urinary tract problems).

Yeah i forgot to mention that. Now my cat has to have a special diet, which like Twinspar said is a special food for unrinary tract problems. So this could be why my cat hasn't had another one.

Thunder 33 no problem. Yeah i have a cat and a dog and even though i play more with my dog then my cat i still love the cat. The surgury if it is a urinary track infection is pretty expensive. I forgot what my parents said but i believe it was $500-600 dollars. Yes it is expensive but it saved the cats life. IMHO though if the cat is fairly old, i would have to think about getting the surgury done. I know it sounds mean but if the cat is 12 years old, then you would have to think twice about spending that much on it at that age.
Marc

vpunisher

Mar 29, 2002
Once they sart pissing on anything except in the litter box, you won't ever be able to break them of it. No matter how well you clean up the mess afterwards, traces of the smell will remain. They will do it again and again. Don't you just love that smell. Before long you won't even be flushing your own toilet. Ahhh, how sweet the smell of the litter box!

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Hey Thunder33,

Penicillin shots is what my friend in Grandview (i.e. the vetrianiarian) told me to give my dog when she had a kidney infection. Cleared it right up.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by TwinSpar
Course.... it could just be acting pissy because of the competition for attention.
I have a feeling this may be the case. An old roommate of mine got a kitten when we lived together. She later moved away and got married. After she got married her kitty became an outdoor kitty because he wouldn't stop leaving surprises on all of her husbands stuff......... and ONLY his stuff. Smart kitty if you ask me. ;)
I don't know what the remedy would be if this is the case. Do you have an animal behaviorist in your area? Try some cat websites. Some will most likely have boards like this (who doesn't these days) and you can ask there.
We had problems with our dogs when TTRGuy and I moved in together and I posted my questions at a place called doggiedoor.com and recieved some answers.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Take her to a Catologist and see what makes her purr! Do you notice of the tail goes straight up when this happens? I've got two cats and I finally did a surveillance on them and caught them in the act. I had the tail clipped so it won't go up anymore, problem solved!;)

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Hey Thunder...
just curious... is she fixed? If not that may be part of the problem. If she is fixed then my next guess would be she just has an issue and is taking it out on you by uh marking things up. Some cats claw furniture, get into the trash, or pee on everything. My mother has a moody ex-house cat that got too close to dad's leather couch one night... now she sleeps out in the barn for her own survival. Not to gross anyone out, but if you don't notice any odd discoloration or strong smells to the *mess* then more than likely she's just making messes, plain and simple. If you're really worried about her though, just take her to the vet. I'm more of a dog person myself, but I do know a thing or two about cats... that's how I've decided not to be a cat person. :) I hope things work out for you and her.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Thanks for the good....and not so good advise. I got home yesterday and saw that she had a bit of blood in her urine so I took her right to the vet. He kept her overnight and said that she had UTI and chrystals in her tinkle. Those are caused by grocery store brand cat food. Shame on me. Looks like she will be coming home today and is taking antibiotics. Thanks again for all help. Looks like it will be Catapolting just for fun now. Don't worry, she always lands feet down.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
oh man that stinks. She doent have to have surgury though? If not then you got off pretty easily. Man hope everything works out. It sucks knowing that your pets are sick.
Marc

Howser03

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
I have 2 female cats, 7 or so years old, and they go on anything you leave on the floor... clothes...towels... papers...boots... it's gotten really bad in the past 2 years too. Cats have their moments but they are soooo useless... dogs at least you can play with... I vote CATapult

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Thunder33,

My female cat has been pre-disposed to UTI's as well. We were told the same thingl, keep her off the grocery store cat food. As a good alternative, you can get IAMS brand cat food. This has worked out pretty well for us, and you can get it at Wal-Mart.

It seemed like the first few years of her life our cat was at the vet about once a year for a UTI. Even happened once or twice after we changed cat food. She's 14 years old now, and hasn't had any UTI problems for many years. (knock on wood!)

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
The bad thing is, I used to be a big advocate of higher end foods. (Iams, Science Diet) but when my son was born, I was more worried about the quality of his food, which limited the budget for the cats.

She is doing much better now that I am poking a few pill down her throat twice a day.

Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
cute joke(with a cat in it)
young teen farm boy slams down the stairs and sit down for breakfast. The mom says,"Son have you done your chores yet?" "Nope..." Well young man, no breakfast 'till your chores are done"He saunters off and starts feeding the chickens. On the way out of the pen he give a poor hen a swift kick. next he grabs the slop bucket and starts feeding the pigs. On the way out of the pen he give the ol' sow a boot to the butt. Then after milking the cow give her a nasty shove on the way from the barn. he sit down at the table once again and mom brings over a bowl of dry cereal. "Hey, where is my ham 'n eggs?" mom says "I saw how you treated those poor animals, so... for the chickens, no eggs... for the pig, no ham... and for ol' bossy, no milk... for a whole week" Before the boy could complain, dad and the cat comes in from the barn. Dad grabs the cat and gives it a swift kick back out the door. The teen looks at his mom with a devlish grin and says, "Mom, are you going to tell him or shall I..." :p
No animals were hurt in the telling of this joke...

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
cute joke(with a cat in it)
young teen farm boy slams down the stairs and sit down for breakfast. The mom says,"Son have you done your chores yet?" "Nope..." Well young man, no breakfast 'till your chores are done"He saunters off and starts feeding the chickens. On the way out of the pen he give a poor hen a swift kick. next he grabs the slop bucket and starts feeding the pigs. On the way out of the pen he give the ol' sow a boot to the butt. Then after milking the cow give her a nasty shove on the way from the barn. he sit down at the table once again and mom brings over a bowl of dry cereal. "Hey, where is my ham 'n eggs?" mom says "I saw how you treated those poor animals, so... for the chickens, no eggs... for the pig, no ham... and for ol' bossy, no milk... for a whole week" Before the boy could complain, dad and the cat comes in from the barn. Dad grabs the cat and gives it a swift kick back out the door. The teen looks at his mom with a devlish grin and says, "Mom, are you going to tell him or shall I..."
No animals were hurt in the telling of this joke...

LOL good one.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Ah, Thunder33, giving the cat medicine? Well, you can probably relate to this..

How To Give A Pill To A Cat:

1. Pick the cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right fore finger and thumb on either side of cat’s mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As the cat opens mouth, pop pill in mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.

2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.

3. Retrieve cat from bedroom and throw soggy pill away.

4. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm, holding rear paws tightly in left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of 10.

5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from the bottom of your wardrobe. Call spouse from garden.

6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, holding front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold cat’s head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat’s throat vigorously.

7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.

8. Wrap cat in a large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with its head just visible from below spouse’s armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw; force cat’s mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.

9.Check label to make sure pill is not harmful to humans, drink glass of water to take taste away.

10. Retrieve cat from neighbour’s shed. Get another pill. Place cat in cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.

11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put door back on hinges. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Throw T-shirt away and fetch a new one from the bedroom.

12. Ring fire brigade to retrieve cat from tree across the road. Apologise to neighbour who crashed into a fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil wrap.

13. Tie cat’s front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table. Find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed. Force cat’s mouth open with small spanner. Push pill into mouth followed by a large piece of fillet steak. Hold head vertically and pour a pint of water down throat to wash down pill.

14. Get spouse to drive you to emergency room, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill fragments from right eye. Stop by furniture store on way home to order new table.

15. Arrange for animal shelter to collect the cat and see if they have any guinea pigs available.

Top Bottom