Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
FC 22

Were you going to contact Washougal on the possibility of a rental, or did I zone out somewhere....or was it waved off!
can I assist in any way?
My dealer down here might be able to provide some insight as well, just dont want to cross lanes with the now "Official" coordination chief of the NorWesters get together and all the rights and privilages that it intails!...

HR
:cool:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Oh boy, official coordination chief, great . . . LOL

I'll call tomorrow maybe. What dates are we thinking of for Washougal?

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
My local bike shop rented the Washougal track once.. We had 50 people, if I recall correctly we paid $50 each. It seems to me that it was in Canadian money, at the time would have been about $35-40 US each.

One of the best riding days ever!

JJmxr

Nov 14, 1999
If FC22 is going to call, then she will probley get the dates that the track would be available for rental, then we could talk about a date. Aug.-Sept. are usually the best weather wise.

Anyone else going out to Thuston ORV this weekend?

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
Sorry.....

Guess I should have rephrased that huh...was kind of insensitive...

From my house, I can be "riding" in less than 15 minutes (geared up, truck all locked up and flinging dirt Riding)...guess the distance thing was a bit harsh.

Better?
:confused:

HR

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Well if Washougal is the spot Ill drive 14 hrs to McCall Idaho.
What do you think 380excman
Come on... Anytime you want. Your always welcome in my neck of the woods. I do have a couple buddies I rode with last year that want to get something going again this year. Right now we are thinking the 28th,29th and 30th of June. If you want pencil something in and if you can come on over.

What was that race in Oregon the endo was talking about. Seemed like it was in July?

As for Washougal, I would pay $100.00 to ride there for a day. Awsome track and even a few trails. That would be a blast. If you just raced there you would spend 1/2 that on entry fees and get to spend about 30 minutes on the track. Where do I send my money.....?

slickhenry

Jul 13, 2001
Washougal??? That would rock!! Although I would be a rolling road block for those of you who can actually ride.... I am hard to embarass though... hehe

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Anyone thought of Mt. View?
I've ridden at Washougal twice, great track, but I heard that Mt. View is even better (from the locals' standpoint).

JJmxr

Nov 14, 1999
I talked to Ralph Huffman today, and he said the track was booked for the foreseeable future. He put me on a waiting list, as he said things can change, but this year and probley next were a longshot. The fee is 2000 with no min. riders, but a 50 max. They will provide a person for track work, but we would be responsable to have someone with a first aid card at least. I think it would be worth looking into the cost of a medic, as I have seen (and felt) some nasty crashes there, and takes a good while for the fire dept. to get there

One us should collect emails of those who would like to go, so if something came up we could raise the cash ASAP. Any you guys been to Ward Creek? We think its actually more fun than Washougal, but no trails though for you single trackers.

As far as the ORV goes its about 1.25 hr. for me. Thats not too bad though, and we think its a great place to practice. Cheap, and as much track time as you can handle. You know, the ORV would actually be a good choice too. You could ride the track or trails. Even set up a poker run, maybe even some flat track. Not to mention all the space, and facilities for the families.

Tomorrow morning or Sun. afternoon looks the best as far as weather, so we will probley go to the ORV first thing in the morning. Its my Kids first time on a full sized bike, so its going to be interesting. #192 on a yellow YZ 125.

Be safe.

Last edited:

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
If the first aid thing is an issue....

I can do that, your tax dollars paid for my training.;)

GEtting on the list was good...there are always cancelations, although later in the summer early fall, the big 4 like to do thier adds there...at least twas told that...and they will lock the place out in a blink.

HR

PeteN

Jun 5, 2000
I think Ward Creek is the most fun track around, it's not as difficult for novice riders and still challenging for experts. It has the "Big drop off", some great rolling hills, and the biggest natural tabletop jump I've ever seen. I've ridden both and would much prefer Ward Creek, It ROCKS!!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I'm in for either Ward Creek or Washougal. Also, I will be relocating to the dry side of the mountains again in about 3 weeks, so if anyone wants to join me for a day at the racetrack there, it’s open 6 days a week until dusk except for the day before a race, and only costs $7 to ride :eek: It’s also one of my favorite tracks. It’s really well set up, watered and groomed, and fairly versatile---you can go big if you want but it won’t kill you if you roll it. So I’ll be there pretty much as often as possible.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
The eastern side of the Cascades, where it doesn't rain quite so much. That is where I grew up (Lake Chelan/Wenatchee area) and I lived in Spokane for 3 years during college. Now I am moving back to be with somebody I have known for a long time and we have decided to take things to the next level. :)

Last edited:

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
Okay...I am brain dead...

FC 22
Sorry for the confusion!
its my grey hair...
I knew the wet/dry side, I grew up in Spokane, went to school at WSU...

I was refering to the location of the "Awesome"track you were talking about.
In fact after the Vantage race on Sat, I am going to Spokane to see my folks, and ride until I have to get back here to Olympia on Tuesday!...
so was looking for a great place to ride in the Spokane area. I know of the ORV park at 7 mile but that is it!....

HR

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Oh, sorry. The track is in Airway Heights. It's closed on Tuesdays (I think) and the day before a race. Here's their website to check out for race schedules: http://www.extmotorsports.com I'll be in town that weekend but don't know if I'll be able to ride or not. Might take my bike anyway, you never know.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
There's an ama dist 27 race the weekend of 27-28 at the spokane motorsports complex. I'm gonna try and make it since I've never ridden there yet and want to. If I go its gonna be on sunday man I hate working saturdays. There's also ama dist 27 races this weekend on sunday at opmc (port angeles) and the 21st at washougal. I should have my truck going to make it to the race at opmc on sunday maybe i'll see ya out there.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
I'd really like to go ride over at Airway Heights, especially since I didn't get out there for the race a couple weeks ago. It looks like my wife and I may be buying a house very soon, so I don't know exactly what my fincancial situation will be, but I should be able to make it over there for a sunday or monday ride if others will be there.

Jeremy

Top Bottom