craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
I have been approached by our own Dwreck, concerning the upcoming race at Scipio. Our tentative plans are to make the Saturday race, then recover by play riding the 500 on Sunday.

Yes, you read it right, Dwreck is going to enter a BJEC event! :aj:

I'm making a big deal out of this, to see if I can get any of you other , non-racing types to lay it on the line. There will be certified results that we can actually compare to each other. No more
Rider 1, 'Oh, you were faster than me!' :blah:
Rider 2, 'No way, I couldn't even keep up with your dust!!' :coocoo:
Rider 1, 'Pffft, dude, you were smokin' today!' :fft:
Rider 3, 'You guys are nuts, I lost you on the first tree! You guys were waiting on me all day...' :nener:

Bragging rights to the OFFICIAL slowest rider. But ya gotta be there to get scored....

So clear your calander, sell those aluminum cans you've been hoarding, and get yourself down to Scipio!!

TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
I hear the terrain is awful there, any truth to that??? I'm off work, but not sure yet what my plans are. Let me see what the weather is going to do. I hate riding in the rain!!! And yes I am a big wuss...lol The 500 sounds like fun though.

tdjok

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2003
This Saturday(4/16)? If so I'm out of town on a family trip Friday through Sunday. If it's the next weekend, maybe. It's been thirteen months since my last race. Terrain? Worse than Zink?

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Lee, no rain. Terrain is good, just different than the 500. Not as beat-in.

Terry, leaving town to dodge me, shame on you! I WILL be the official slow/spode of the Heartlanders!

TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
Okay Craig now you have went and done it.... :| All that smack talk about being the slowest rider.... I guess I will have to prove to all that I hold that crown. Since there is no rain in the forecast "as you so kindly pointed out, THANKS" I will see what I can do.

So where is this race at? And how much does it cost to enter? And are you two planning on riding the 500 on Sunday? I have all weekend, I would like to make it a two day ride event if you guys are planning on riding Sunday also. I will have to just see how much I can afford for gas and all. Thanks for all the info Craig, I look forward to riding with you guys again. Lee

tdjok

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2003
Now Craig, I only duck you when you go to Arkansas to ride in the rocks. This sounds like a really fun trip, but I will be ice skating with three beautiful girls (wife and two daughters). I've never been ice skating before, so it may be more dangerous than the enduro.

You guys have a great time. I look forward to hearing the stories and seeing the pictures.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
I don't think I can do the race Sat but I'd bet I could get free for a while on Sunday. Mind a tagalong for the 500? Never been. Meant to go during DW last year but didn't work out.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
VioletSP said:
Dad-
What was my timing for the Arkansas race?
That's going to be a hard one to beat

When I think back on Lake MacKenzie, :yikes:
and then what you were able to do at the Wildcat.... you did great! :cool:

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
evenslower said:
I don't think I can do the race Sat but I'd bet I could get free for a while on Sunday. Mind a tagalong for the 500? Never been. Meant to go during DW last year but didn't work out.

I'm hoping Dwreck will be frothing at the mouth to go back on Sunday, we'll have to wait and see.
If not, we'll see you Sunday at the 500.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
evenslower said:

Come on out and be initiated. What time on Sunday? 10:00? It might take me a while to get out of bed but the drives not too far. :)

TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
Not sure yet about making the race on Saturday. Looks like Sunday is a go for me.

Evenslower, your sure welcome to hitch a ride with me Sunday morning. I have to come through Tulsa anyways to get to Stillwater. It's about a 3 hour drive from my house up to the 500. The way gas prices are might save you some money. I must warn you though, I bite. Let me know if you would like a ride.

Craig, I won't know till Friday if I can be at the race or not. I will sure see if I can swing it. Thanks for the info. Looks like it's only a short drive for me.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
I hope some people shake loose and show up, should be a good course. They are talking about everything from tight woods, to rocks, to a tapped-out in top gear grass track.

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Guys, good luck. The cruising part before the first check is strange. Also, all those KDX and orange riders are really sensitive to the mighty KX roost, so easy on the throttle, Derek. A 500 ride sounds good, it's warming up to early for my preferences.

TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
Looks like I won't make the race, but will be at the 500 on Sunday. I have to be in Oklahoma City on Saturday evening due to a family event. Evenslower, I won't be coming through Tulsa as planned. Sorry about that, last minute change due to family.

You guys have fun and be safe. I will see you all Sunday morning. Lee

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
No problem at all. I'm not 100% I'll make it. Still have a couple honey-do's to get done related to the move and my garage is still a mess. Boxes to unpack, tools to organize, build a work bench, etc..... I'm hoping to get it done this afternoon and tomorrow.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom