Stenmash

Nov 25, 2004
Santa Barbara MC Club will be clearing The Ortega trail above Ojai on Jan 30. This is a great technical trail for motorcycles but is in dire need of maintenance. Please see Darryl's message below and give them a hand clearing this trail.

I will not be able to make it but have done similar events like this. It is a lot of fun and makes you feel good to give back to a sport that gives you so much.

Hi all!

Santa Barbara Motorcycle Club (SBMC) has arranged/scheduled with USFS to debrush the Ortega OHV trail (off highway 33) Sunday, January 30. We will be meeting in Ojai, 7:30 am @ the restuarant "Eggs & Things". After breakfast, we will be driving up hwy 33 to Cherry Creek, unloading MC's. USFS will give us a key to the gate. We will be riding MC's to the work site (approximately 5-6 miles).

This is a continuation of work we started at the end of last year. Due to the efforts of the Ventura Motorcycle Club & Santa Barbara Motorcycle Club, we cleared approximately 3 miles of trail. There is at least that much left to do.

Currently we have 8 volunteers, but could use three times that many. We have to haul chain saws/gas/oil on the MC's. We need 2-3 people per one person using chain saw to pull the brush away and toss over side of hill.

Any help will be appreciated! This is the only way that this trail will remain open since USFS does not seem to have the funds to maintain the trail.

Please contact me if you need additional information. Please let me know if you might be available, we need a "head count" to arrange for safety equipment (goggles, ear plugs, hard hats, gloves, chaps).

Darryl Deinhard (SBMC) "oledogmc"
PH 805- 967-2100

Top Bottom