Paragon, PA on October 12th & 13th

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I will also be there for Sunday only. The moonshine Enduro was run this past Sunday, and part of the race covered Paragon property, so there is some new single track that was cut for this. I am working on one last section of single track, which will allow you to ride single track from one end of the park to the other,(over the first ridge and to the top of the second). Also as I posted in another thread, the work has started on the first motocross track at Paragon, which will be more of a beginners track with small jumps and obstacles, but the second track should be started soon. No guarantee it will be ready by the 12-13, but we can always hope.

Dan

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I want to hear more about the motocross track(s)! :thumb:
With that addition, and camping on site, Paragon is shaping up as the perfect riding area for a East Coast DirtWeeklike Event! :aj:
Any chance we can get some pictures or video of the track? Have fun guys n gals

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Scooter said that the track is a small beginner track that's fun to ride. He wasn't sure but he thought the bigger track might be done by the 13th.

Keith,
I'm with you on maybe using Paragon for an East coast Dirt Week. I plan on talking to Kyle whan I'm down there.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
sorry guys....it doesn't look like either track will be ready for the 13th due to some delays.....but I will find out more tomorrow...

Also the camping is not on Paragon property, but they do have a connecting road, so you can ride from the campgrounds to Paragon without loading up. The only drawback for some people is that it is a primitive camp site, so there are no showers or amenities. Most who travel to Paragon and camp, stay at Red Ridge camp grounds which is about 10 miles from the park

Paragon does have plans for events like dirt week, as well as hare scrambles and of course the motocross.......I will see if I can get some pictures of the mx track tomorrow, but I am not sure if any more work has been done on the track yet. but as I said...the first track is more of a beginners track it is 1/2 mile with just a few small jumps and obstacles, but is not yet opened....the second track will be for the big boys....

Dan

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Looks like Sunday will be the day of high attendance. I plan on being there with a friend or two.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Do we have a count on how many will be at Paragon? I will be there, and I believe jpstealth will be with me.....that is provided I get the hole in the case fixxed from yestrerdays adventure at Paragon :whiner: I hope to see many of you there

Dan

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I posted a thread over at Woodsracer.com too. The more the merrier:)

Dan,
Too bad about the rock in the case. I thought you would know by now where the rocks are and stay away from them;)

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I do know where the rocks are, but let me explain what happened.......

I was riding along minding my own business, when this little baby rock came running out right in front of me, I couldn't avoit hitting it, and I even heard it scream, when I ran it over.......it kicked my back tire out, and just as I was getting the bike straightened out again, here comes the little guys BIG brother :| . He heard the scream, and after seeing me run over the little guy, he reached out to hit me, but he missed and hit the engine instead, throwing me over the bars. Fortunately, I landed on my head.

I had the bike looked at today, and the case can be fixxed, I just need to replace the clutch cover(titanium cover, probably will cost a fortune) the seals for the cover, and the brake pedal, which is still laying next to the rock. We should have a contest and see who from DRN can find the broken parts from my bike(excluding jpstealth, because he was with me and knows where they are, although I don't know if he would find it again). So I will pull the motor off the bike tomorrow, and the parts will be in Wed or Thurs, so unless I meet some more rocks that have big brothers, I should be in for the 13th

Dan

JPstealth

Jun 14, 2002
yeah i saw the crash it was pretty gnarly :p lol although ur right dan im lucky if i can find my way back to the truck no less to a designated spot out there haha. im not going anywhere unless ur leading. after he went down it took me and some other guys about an hour to find our way back and ended up on one of the hardest trails ("the good, the bad and the ugly" i think is its name) the whole way back not good for a bike set up for MX racing. lol But yeah i should be there on the sunday with scooter just as long as we spend alittle time at the jumps. :thumb:

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
Scooter , Last time I was there I left a decoy brake pedal , also next to a rock ( surprised ?) . Well ,actually , it was 1/2 a brake pedal . ;)

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
I will be there bright and early Sunday. well ok maybe not so bright......

I will be bringing up with me some 98 wr400 parts, for trade,cash or a good hard luck story. P.m. me if you are interested and I can tell you what I have/want.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
I think Dave and I are going to make it out for one or both of those days. Due to my work schedule, I missed the Moonshine Enduro out there, and need to make up for it.

Oh, I also lost a skid plate at Paragon last time I was there. :think:
It's probably near the same rock as your brake pedal... :silly:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Last time I was at Paragon I lost an ankle! But I got it back last Friday. It still works. Good thing, extra parts are hard to find for this vintage machine.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
You guys need to stay awy from the rocks. They are dangerous and should be avoided at all costs. Follow me and you will not ride through killer death rocks and if we come upon any we will turn around. Rocks are bad. Rocks are evil. Rocks can hurt you. Rocks are the anti_Christ.

Lori,
Glad you and Dave are coming. Maybe Dave will find some poor soul to follow him into the hell that we all know he will find. Have mercy on their souls.

I'm getting pumped for the 13th:):):)

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Follow me and you will not ride through killer death rocks and if we come upon any we will turn around.
What a nancy! :scream:
So that leaves what, about 200 acres of terrain you actually ride at Paragon? ;)

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Originally posted by RM_guy
Maybe Dave will find some poor soul to follow him into the hell that we all know he will find.

Yeah, that will probably be ME! :whiner:

:debil:

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
So ah Dave, How long you had this thing against rocks. They’re just hard round things. Some times imbedded in the ground, sometimes not. The trick to getting through them is, close your eyes, twist your right wrist, pray to god and wear lots of protective clothing. Heck, I’ve even heard WoodsRider can ride over them. :silly:

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Maybe Dave will find some poor soul to follow him into the hell that we all know he will find. Have mercy on their souls.

I am particularly fond of the guided jeep trails :scream: nothing like the futile attempt of trying to ride an mx bike like a trials bike.

Think I am goingto invest in lots of titanium and carbon fiber. The last time I was up there with 2 of my buddies it took us about 2 hours to carry our bikes over a half mile section

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by DANIEL JOSEPH
...Heck, I’ve even heard WoodsRider can ride over them. :silly:
That's a myth that’s been perpetrated by the Nancy of all Nancys. Why do you think Bill was so excited about getting a plate for his bike? It’s so he can ride on nice flat pavement. :p

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
Originally posted by RM_guy
That's a myth that’s been perpetrated by the Nancy of all Nancys. Why do you think Bill was so excited about getting a plate for his bike? It’s so he can ride on nice flat pavement. :p
Not Bill :eek:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom