JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Guy from work is trying to work out his schedule for a ride at Pilot Rock next week. If he falls through I would still like to go.

Any of you suckers want to go? I here the weather is supposed to be beautiful. :laugh:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I don't believe your weather forecast cause you suck at it! But count me in as a most probable. ;)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Copy that!

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
Hello gentlemen, where is pilot rock? Porkchop may be interested. Thanks!

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Its a staging area on the east side of Lake Silverwood. It's 15-20 minutes east on 138 from the 15 freeway. We usually meet at McDonalds and drive to the staging area as a group.

Once geared up we head east toward Arrowhead/Big Bear. We dont quite get that far but usually end the day somewhere between 30 and 50 miles.

I thinks it more commonly called Miller Canyon. I got Pilot Rock from the name of the fire dept camp right next to it.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Porkchop said:
Porkchop may be interested. Thanks!

Porkchop.

You should take the time to go ride with these guys. It's a great area and a goofey bunch of guys. You will have a blast. :nod:

Be sure to dress warm though. Jeff says the weather will be good. :nener:

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
OOOOHHH NO..... What have I done? A new batch of HOOLAGANS that want to do some miles ! I spoke with out thinking, I'm doing a covert job in agua dulce this week.
The best I can do is ask about weds, tomarrow. As of right now I'm double booked.
I will take a rain check & advise if any thing changes, monday night. Sounds like fun & thanks for the invite gentlemen. Best Regards, Porkchop....

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm in Jeff

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
Good monday evening gents, hows the game? Sorry to report that I gotta work, myself not being there would mess up the works too much. Is Miller canyon the area where the bad mountain enduro is held? I have ridden that event & really liked the terrain. Maybe next time, Thanks & best regards, Porkchop

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I was thinking about this ride - I even went to Smilestoner on Monday for a tune-up ride just in case there was room for one more rider (and I could still ride half arsed).

But Geez .. it's kinda late in the year for a ride up there and it just justed rained last night (I assume it snowed there). I'll leave this ride to the gnarly dudes and stay warm and dry. I don't want to be the Mikey or Chumlee of the SoCal Wrecking Crew reality show.

After the heat exhaustion ride, I really should believe Jeff - the conditions will be awesome .. ;)

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
DRN rider count is now cut in half. If you change your mind I will be at McD's at 8.

No gnarly guys here. More than 200' of ice and Im out.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
How was the ride?

Anyone up for getting out next week? I haven't done miller canyon in forever.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
scar tissue said:
How was the ride?

Anyone up for getting out next week? I haven't done miller canyon in forever.

No ride for me next week. Todays ride cost me 10 hours in the urgent care and er and $135 in co-pay.

I hit a patch of black ice about 4 miles in. It was on a small asphalt section heading up to the top of the first hill. I went up and came straight down on my elbow. After two rounds of x-rays and some wound clean outs I finally got home at 9pm with no broken bones but a hell of a lot of pain. Did walk out with a cool sling and a script for Vicodin.

Thats twice in a row that the ice got me up there. Im done with Miller Canyon in the winter.

Tomorrows gonna suck.

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
Glad I missed it, It's midnight & I just finished working, !8 hours today. Jww, sorry you got slammed, that's happened to me too, I hope you heal up quickly. It's time for me to hit the rack. Adios pal, Porkchop...

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Ohhh damn..hope you heal soon Jeff. :whoa:

Still looking forward to a ride up there sometime later ....

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Sorry to hear that Jeff. :(

That black ice is some nasty stuff. I hit some of that riding up in the forest behind my house one time and went down faster than i could blink. :yikes: Now, I really cool it on the shady side of the mountain.

Heal up bro. We will plan something for the near future. :cool:

Hey Porkchop.

Gotta' love that Gold time huh?? :nod:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Dang Jeff, hope you feel better bud! Have a good Christmas, sorry I couldn't make it, it would have ben my turn to carry YOU out.

Top Bottom