coperam

Mar 12, 2001
Has anyone ever tried a pipe guard or armor like the kind made by Moose?
I was wondering if they only protect the pipe against roost or if they would also be strong enough to prevent me from pretzeling my pipe the next time I wipe out?

thanks,
coperam

coperam

Mar 12, 2001
RM_guy-thanks for the reply

The moose guard looks pretty tough. Looks like it could definitely help protect the pipe on a get-off.

coperam

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I picked up the Maier version at Chaparral for $30.00. Looks like the Moose, but it's anodized gold. After several get-offs, the pipe is still intact. Too bad I waited until my first pipe dinging get off to put it on.

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
This is only my opinion, but I think pipe guards are bad. They will stop small roost dents, but when you crash, they strengthen the section of the pipe that they cover, so the force is transmitted to the sections of the pipe at the edges of the pipe guard. My pipe guard caused my pipe to kink nearly completely shut right at the first headpipe turn, right at the edge of the guard. I still think that if I had not had the guard on, I would only have dented the center section of the pipe in that crash, not bent it shut like that.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom