rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
We headed out too PiPi valley for the Thanksgiving weekend.. I met up w/everybody at 5 corners.. We had a pretty big camp, 2-20' toy haulers and my freinds 35' We decided too go out for a quick ride w/just the bikes on trail 33.. About 45 minutes into it, i became seperated from everybody (Doug kx125, Rod cr500 and Craig on a cr250) So this is my 2nd time there in about 3 years, didnt have a map or anything, just me my bike and my gear.. Found a camp w/a couple of girls, asked if they knew where 5 corners is, they pointed in a direction then hooked me up w/a map.. Couldn't determine where i was on the map, so headed out looking for a cross trail... After about 45 minutes i ran into Doug, he was on his uncles cr500 YEAH!! I learned alot from this!! Never go out un prepared!!

So we headed back too camp and had some lunch.. Then we all took off on a ride Me on my kx250, DOug on his KX125, ROd on the CR500 and the rest Loretta, Keith, Alicia, Craig and Danny all on (dare i say..........................Quads) I went out and saw a side of California i never had imagined!! Trees, up hills, downhills, endless amounts of singletrack!! I think that day was one of the best yet!! Anyways, we headed over too the outskirts of Elkins Flat and turned and came bak, was getting late and we were getting low on fuel.. I definately plan on heading back!! this time w/a gps (so if you have a reccomendation, please share the info) and a small tool kit for me and the bike..

That night we all sat around a nice fire and had MANY laughs!! Then at about 1am, it happened........ RAIN!! Lots of rain.. So in the morning we packed up and called it a weekend, we were at about 5000' so didnt want too get stuck w/the 5th wheel, last time they got snowed in, cost him almost $1000 too get pulled out, the rod had black ice..

All in all it was a great weekend, friday was a definate learning experience and a Great day of riding bikes :ride:

Rick

K

Kingofgldnote

PiPi Valley

Rick
I am a local of the gold note and Elkins Flat ohv system. I only live 15 minutes away and am proud to be considered the master of these two sets of beutiful trail. on your next visit you should start out with a loop of 33 starting in the NW direction ,this is the best way to take this trail and I would like to see it establised in this direction only. Please keep kids and inexsperienced riders off of the single and two track trails and we would really rather deture quads from coming anywhere near these trails. Please keep your knowledge of this area on the downlow or else the next time I see 2 20' toy haulers and a bunch of stupid couches(Quads) your gonna get a CR roost sandwich of some sticky PiPi goo.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Kingofgldnote said:
Rick
I Please keep your knowledge of this area on the downlow or else the next time I see 2 20' toy haulers and a bunch of stupid couches(Quads) your gonna get a CR roost sandwich of some sticky PiPi goo.

We had a 35' toy hauler and 2 25' :) Ya wanna roost, roost away, but i get even :)

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Hey Rick, that place sounds like fun! I'm not sure if I already told you, but my GPS is a Magellan Meridian Color. They actually have a couple of decent-looking units at Target near me too. The GPS is nice. You set your camp as a "waypoint." Then if you get lost, just take it out and tell it to "Go To" your waypoint. Makes it much easier to find your way back in unfamiliar territory.

R

rride

the maps up there are kind of cofusing its hard to understand where you are on the map but overall its a great place to ride

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom