Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
This month has been a rough one for me. I lost my girlfriend, my dog, and almost lost Mom. She is still in very critical condition, and that is the reason for this post. The following is a brief message I composed to e-mail to a group of friends to keep them updated. I appologize for the impersonal feel of it but I do not have it in me to write up an additional post right now. I am posting this to let my friends on here know what is going on, and to ask that you pray for my family and I.

For those of you who don't know, my mother has had something very serious happen. She was found on the floor at home Saturday afternoon and was rushed to the emergency room soon after. It was then determined she had experienced a brain aneurysm and would need to be transfered to a hospital equipped to perform emergency neurosurgery. After being careflighted into one of the nations most renowned centers for neural procedures, it was further determined that she had suffered a subarachnoid hemorrhage. In laymens terms, one of the two main blood vessels into the brain had ruptured. Blood from the artery had then pumped out into the brain cavity and was building pressure on the brain. This causes extreme, extreme pain and is often deadly. The chances of living through the time immediately following a hemmorage like this is low. Further, survival rates of those who do live through the initial aneuysm is lower yet.

Surgery was performed early this morning and after the 5 hour procedure things are looking good. Mom is now concious and somewhat alert. She is somewhat aware of her surroundings, but has no recollection of anything that has happened within the last 24 hours. She will continue to recover and will remain in the intensive care unit for a minimum of two weeks. While she is still doing as well as could be expected, there is still risks ranging from an additional aneurysm to stroke. She will be closely monitored during this time to ensure everything goes smoothly. After release from the hospital, some form of physical rehabilitation may be neccesary, as she will not be walking in the duration of her ICU stay.

So, in summary, some very very bad stuff happened, but things are looking as good as possible given the morbod circumstances. I would like to thank my friends and all those who have kept our family in their thoughts. You guys are helping keep us strong, and the prayers have not gone unanswered. I ask is that you continue to keep my family and I in your thoughts and prayers, it is greatly appreciated. I will try to keep everyone concerned updated as often as possible, but this is again difficult to do at times with everything going on. Thank you once more to all of my friends; your support has been a tremendous help.
God bless and stay safe
Brian.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
We're with you guys Brian. Stay as positive as you can and please keep us updated when possible. I can relate as we almost lost Shiftless earlier this year. It's a tough road and I feel for you and your dad/family.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Holy crap! Best wishes for your mom with a full recovery. Glad to hear surgery went well and she's now responsive. Hang in there, Brian.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Brian, if you, your Dad, or sister need anything, give us a shout. This network of friends is here for you and your family. Prayers are indeed coming your way! God Bless!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Damn man!

Brian,

I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. But, it sound like things are going well considering the situation.

You and your family will be in my prayers. As Bob said, keep us updated when you can.

PK

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Well kid you have had a few months of pretty tough tests, hang in there and we'll keep you guys in our prayers down here in Rancho del Patman. Be sure and tell Grady we're here for him too!

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Prayers on the way.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Brian:

All are in my prayers and thoughts!

You know my number if there is anything I can do to help.

Tony

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Hang in there young man.

Sometimes it's like life is a test. Like 'Someone' is testing us to see how much bad stuff we can stand. It's how we deal with those tests that determines what kind of people we turn out to be. Hang tight and you will be a stronger person in the end.

Prayers out to your mom and you and Grady.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Brian - I am so sorry to hear about your mom, but glad to hear that things are starting to look up.

We will keep you and your family in our thoughts. Best Wishes.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Ol'89r said:
Hang in there young man.

Sometimes it's like life is a test. Like 'Someone' is testing us to see how much bad stuff we can stand. It's how we deal with those tests that determines what kind of people we turn out to be. Hang tight and you will be a stronger person in the end.

Prayers out to your mom and you and Grady.
So true
yet so unfair that it is often the great people like Brians family that go through these tests.

Brian hang in there your mom and dad need you as much as you need them right now.

I'll be praying for all of you

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Thank you all for your thoughts. Simply knowing that we have friends thinking of our family is a great help. Mom is doing much better today. Doc says she is coming along better than expected after all she has been through. She is still resting during most of the day, but is at times awake and able to hold up a conversation. She is unable to see, but the doctors think this is due to the increased pressure on her optical nerves. She was able to eat real food for dinner and even brushed her teeth afterward. She recognizes everyone's voices and is even joking here and there. While there is still high risk of further complication, she is doing great so far. My family and I are ecstatic at her progress. After all, her condition has a low survival rate and to see her eat today was miraculous. Once more, thank you to all who have prayed for her, it has not gone un noticed. I also found out today that the ICU waiting room has wireless internet, so I will try and keep all my friends updated as often as possible. Thank you all and God bless. Brian.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
If you're ever around these parts, the first handle is on me bud.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Hang in there!

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Man, it's been a tough season for you. I hope your mother continues to improve.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Brian,

Sorry to hear about your Mom. I wish all of the best for you and your family. It's times like this when family means the most.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Thanks ALL, keying this bedside in the ICU (until they tell me not to) Just found this thread. Been kinda busy, seems like the staff considers you a resouce to use as much as possible, I am getting pretty good at repositioning tubes to avoid alarms going off when Marcia turns from side to side.

She had a rough night, and has already had 2 doses of Morphine this morning, and would not eat.

Again, thanks for your thoughts and Prayers.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Hang tough Grady, we're still keeping you on the front burner.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Patman said:
Hang tough Grady, we're still keeping you on the front burner.
X10!

Top Bottom