Podium One (Charleston, IN) calls it quits

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Well I logged onto www.podium1.com to see this:

"Podium One LLC;

Communication For Immediate Release

July 23, 2002

Due to numerous business and personal responsibilities outside of Podium One, the Management and Owners have made a decision to cease operations at the Motoplex effective immediately.

We are currently in discussion with prospective buyers and our goal is to keep the facility within the motocross community. The facility is being marketed by Steven Lannert of Harry K. Moore / commercial division.

To Conclude the 2002 Gold Series, we will be hosting the 3rd Annual Mammoth East event on October 11,12,13, 2002 at Paoli, Indiana. The Mammoth East race will be a double Gold Series event and will conclude our 2002 season.

We would like to thank everyone for their support over the past four racing seasons. We look forward to seeing everyone at Mammoth in October.

Regards,
Podium One LLC"

:think:

I wonder why they got out so sudden and fast? Podium One has to be the best MX facility in Indiana...

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Is this another Insurance issue bail-out? :|

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Not an insurance deal that I know of....it was all of a sudden.
Phil and Jay Baumert (owners) have been very good with maintaining and putting on great events. (I live in Charlestown, BTW)
They have been e-mailing most of us riders on a regular basis and there were no issues on the message board that I knew of, they just all of a sudden sent us a e-mail letting us know it's over.
They will still carry on the Mammouth East event in Paoli, Indiana at the Paoli Peaks ski resort on Oct 11-13. (awsome event that made the mags last year)
I know the guy who runs the pro shop at the track which I think is still operating. I will ask him whats up.

This is one great track, a bit technical, but a great mix of obstacles. It would be a great buy for a serious operator. I have never seen a lame turn-out there.

Top Bottom