Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
I was just on the phone with BSwift and he said his father was in the hospital. Many of you know his father Jesse who's Masonic Lodge puts on the DW Pig Out with proceeds going to charity.

Brian said that he was hospitalized with possible appendicitis and they are getting ready to scope and see what is going on or possible colon problems. I apologize for not knowing more details and it was not that Brian did not relate them, we were both on cell phones and the connection was not great. My understanding was that depending on what they find, they could possibly be removing an appendix or part of the colon. I apologize if this isn't completely correct, but this was my understanding over a poor cell connection.

Please say a prayer for our Brother and fellow DRNers dad.

Randy

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Thanks Randy!

Jesse, Brian and Tammy will be in my prayers.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
We're thinking about you guys... Jesse is one of the good ones.
If there's anything we can do please let us know.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Okiewan said:
We're thinking about you guys... Jesse is one of the good ones.
If there's anything we can do please let us know.
Yep he sure has paid it forward and we are praying for him.
Brian if I can help any way let me know.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Best wishes Jesse!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO Prayers coming your way! Hang in there Brian and Tammy!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
We just got in from the hospital. Dad is still in recovery. At 73, he is having a slow time coming around but is improving steadily, albet, slowly. He's still on the ventilator and if his progress continues, they will move him to a room later. If it does not improve suffieciently over the next hour, they will move him to ICU.
He had to have part of his small intestine removed. It was slightly perforated and the condition is known as Chrone's disease. It was a bit of a surprise to the surgeon but he feels all will be well. They had to slice him from just above the groin to the belly button once the scope revealed the real problem. He was heavily medicated but opened his eyes to acknowlege the family. Could be a week before he is released. My prayers have been answered and everyone's prayers have surely helped. I'll let you know as things go by. A thank you from the bottom of my heart goes out to all of my DRN brothers and sisters.
Brian

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Thanks for the update.... I know you described to me better than I related in my first post, but my cell reception at my house the last couple days has been marginal at best.

Best wishe for Jesse's speedy recovery!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
My thoughts and prayers go out to Jesse and to the Swift family.
Brian, if there is anything you need, you know what to do!

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Prayers on the way.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
My thoughts are with you and your family Brian...A good friend of mine has Crohns, I understand what he's going through. I hope all goes well for your dad and your family.

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Brian - please give all my love to your dad when he wakes up. Chrones runs in our family, and have seen the kind of pain it can cause. With the right mix of medications, he will be back to being himself. (note to self - shower Jesse with love at DW).

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Glad to hear he is doing good
I had the intestine removal done last year and the worst was the craving real solid food which you don't get for 3 or 4 days. After that it is alot easier. I think I spent 8 days in the hospital until everything was working so don't let him rush out of there just yet
Trudy's good sister also has Chrones so I have seen the effects it has

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
That is great news Brian!

Tell Jesse that he is in our thoughts and prayers.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Best wishes headed their way!

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Sorry to hear that you father is in a Bad way. From the sound of the update things are looking better. I hope he heals up fast!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Long day. The IV blew out of the vain and it took them 2 hours to put it back in. Dad didnt' get any pain meds for several hours and made for some emotional moments.
Improvement was in the works, he got the pain meds, has taken in fluids and passed solids, walked 100' and gotten some rest. I hope I can rest some tonight and take over for my sisters tomorrow.
The family has decided to have him stay with us upon release until he has his strength back but that won't be for probably a week. Hopefully, I will be over my pneumoia by then.
Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers, Dad was a bit surprised when I told him that people all over were thinking about him.
Brian

Top Bottom