Status
Not open for further replies.

John Curea

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 29, 2000
To Moto278

Lets see......you just registered today on DRN, have a whopping 1 total posts on this forum.......your only post bashes MX-TECH.....you just decide to post during this latest bash......lets see who could 278 be??

Dude,dont be so obvious next time......... :cool:

EZ-Rider

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2000
Whoa..... I rarely come in this forum and it seems that every time I do there is a fight going on :| . I'm considering getting suspension work done and MX-Tech was my #1 choice because of their support of DRN. I just don't get what all the fighting is about. I'm not a suspension tuner and I don't really want to know or care about who invented what or the details of the fluid valves or pistons etc.. I just want my new pieces to cure my problem that made me look to upgrade my suspension in the first place. Just like I couldn't care less about the difference between acetaminophen and ibuprofen, because if I have a headache and I take medication as long as I feel better I'm happy. I use friends bikes and what I read here on DRN for input on what I should do/use on my bike, and I have to believe that a lot of others do to. And even though it's MX-tech's forum I think we all would benefit if other suspension tuners feel comfortable enough to come in and respectfully disagree with each other without it turning into a wrestling match or even worse a spam fest. I will say that I commend George Quay, Shocknut, and Harry Reed for the way they represented themselves and I hope that they continue to post here. And since there is probably alot that I do not know about I will have to guess that Jeremy might have been justified in his statements about PA but maybe next time he can say the same things in a little different way or bite his tongue and take the high road. Some probably wont like what I have to say but sitting here as a motorcycle enthusiast and a potential customer I felt I had to say something. I think DRN is a great place and I really like this forum, I just fail to see the benefit in threads like this.

spacerider

Jun 24, 2002
I have a real test for anyone ,I'm your worst nightmare no can fix my suspension to what I would like.And I have try most of you.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Originally posted by spacerider
I have a real test for anyone ,I'm your worst nightmare no can fix my suspension to what I would like.And I have try most of you.
I'll take the test since it is open to anyone. My suggestion is quit riding since you hate all suspension work that you have tried or begin riding the vintage class before long travel. In the mean time go back to school to learn to construct sentences properly.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Are all the first time posters in here? Did I spell here right, or should it be hear, their I go worrying about my spelling. Is the right their there?

From a person who doesn't care perspective, Jermey isn't affraid to stand up for his work, the others can only argue about grammer. :think:
Bottom line I don't ask my car mechanic if he has an English degree before letting him work.

BTW, Jer or Goerge;I have an EXC 520 and I poked a couple holes in my exhaust(from the brake caliper), The rear shock is cranked down, Do I need to get it revalved or is their heavier springs. I don't jump, it's from slamming into the bottom of some hills and rocks :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
:think: moto278, as a matter of fact Jeremy did slip me some MX-Tech stickers does that count? Outside of that I've got the invoices to cover my fork and shock rework. I praise Jeremy's work from a customer standpoint and fully expect he'd provide the same level service to ANYBODY else. Just like any of the DRN Tested segments if his work was bad and/or the customer support was lacking it would be known.

JETMOTOXR

Jun 24, 2002
Man, I have never read such a fixed 'discussion' in my life. Isn't it obvious to everyone reading this forum how geared up it is to simply promote MX Tech Suspension. After all, who started the mud slinging? I read the forum regularly to pick up tips but had to contribute for the first time after reading Jer's obvious political point scoring attempts. Jer goes on about who is the unproffessional suspension builder but I have never witnessed anything so unproffessional as to try and discredit another company in this way.

I have no axe to grind with either Jer or George but surely this forum is fixed. I would not be susprised if the original question had not been thrown in by one of Jer's associates to create ground for Jer to discredit PA. All the MX Tech supporters who are saying how Jer is GOD in the suspension world just make me wanna puke. The fact is Jer has centre stage as he chairs the forum and everything he says is true to his followers, he could come out with any BS and they would believe him so he uses the forum to gain business by throwing any trash in he can think of.

Jer, you have now posted the thread from last year" Jer, is it true?". When anyone reads this surely they can see it has the same intention of discrediting PA. Who slings mud first? This was a discussion between two individuals one of which probably has some connection with MX Tech suspension who posts the question on the forum where it can do maximum damage and give you an opening to drag as much crap up as you can.

Jer, you have obviously had differences with George Quay in the past but surely these should be a private matter between you and him, not broadcast over the internet for all the forum to read, I cannot remember anybody from PA coming on and damaging MX Tech's reputation like you have tried to do with PA.

I have had work done by PA and have been 100% satisfied with their work and customer service. One time I felt it was not set quite right but the local franchise sorted it without any hesitation. I did a lot of research before choosing PA and surely they cannot have been kidding the public for 25 years.

How long have you been doing suspension as a business Jer. It seems a bit coincidental that you burst onto the scene using pistons and valvebodies that nearly match PAs, no wonder George got a bit fired up!

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
Wait a second. I've been here awhile, and I have never seen Jer Shamelessly plug himself. Never. He has too much class for that. He gives plenty of free info. out around here, and I'm glad he's here.

"How long have you been doing suspension as a business Jer."

And how long have you been here? 5 minutes mabye?

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
[ 1 posts per day ]
Search for all posts by this user.
Birthday N/A

Bet we see GQ's recruits here all the time now.. Moron.. BTW 10 years.. Aperenlty "jet" can't read beacuse I fare from slung anythign first.

Also do you whats really funny? Sorry getting pylosphical: Everyone who takes it for face value who condems me, they condem me for what? Exspressing my opion which I believ to be based on solid facts. So they turn around and go you should'nt say bad things.. Well guys what.. You just did the same thing.

Let me clarify:
If you suport GQ then you suport one of the biggest bullies in the sport, worse yet you advocate someone threating ones well being. Belive me folks its for real.

BR,
Jer

Dell, thanks for pointing out the obivois for those that don't read. :)

326mx

Mar 25, 2002
Damnit Jer I was gonna post that then I rreload and you already did it....

Ur a quick one, you.

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
As i'm reading jetmotoxr's post i'm trying to keep an open mind, then at the end he pumps up his suspension job at PA. :eek: Clearly a bias post and his first one on DRN. :moon:

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Originally posted by JETMOTOXR
Man, I have never read such a fixed 'discussion' in my life. Isn't it obvious to everyone reading this forum how geared up it is to simply promote MX Tech Suspension. After all, who started the mud slinging? I read the forum regularly to pick up tips but had to contribute for the first time after reading Jer's obvious political point scoring attempts. Jer goes on about who is the unproffessional suspension builder but I have never witnessed anything so unproffessional as to try and discredit another company in this way.

I have no axe to grind with either Jer or George but surely this forum is fixed. I would not be susprised if the original question had not been thrown in by one of Jer's associates to create ground for Jer to discredit PA. All the MX Tech supporters who are saying how Jer is GOD in the suspension world just make me wanna puke. The fact is Jer has centre stage as he chairs the forum and everything he says is true to his followers, he could come out with any BS and they would believe him so he uses the forum to gain business by throwing any trash in he can think of.

Jer, you have now posted the thread from last year" Jer, is it true?". When anyone reads this surely they can see it has the same intention of discrediting PA. Who slings mud first? This was a discussion between two individuals one of which probably has some connection with MX Tech suspension who posts the question on the forum where it can do maximum damage and give you an opening to drag as much crap up as you can.

Jer, you have obviously had differences with George Quay in the past but surely these should be a private matter between you and him, not broadcast over the internet for all the forum to read, I cannot remember anybody from PA coming on and damaging MX Tech's reputation like you have tried to do with PA.

I have had work done by PA and have been 100% satisfied with their work and customer service. One time I felt it was not set quite right but the local franchise sorted it without any hesitation. I did a lot of research before choosing PA and surely they cannot have been kidding the public for 25 years.

How long have you been doing suspension as a business Jer. It seems a bit coincidental that you burst onto the scene using pistons and valvebodies that nearly match PAs, no wonder George got a bit fired up!

GQ,
LOL.. That was almost as good as you trying to make people think I was editing your statments.

Hey Kawie care to enlighten our friend?
Secondly if this was a MXT fefest why would I commonly refeer people to the good peole of Enzo, RG3, White Bros, Jeff Howe, or Even RT. Furthermore, why would I alsways suggest ththat someone who who has had a problem with a tuner go back to them.

Beacause, unlike you I belive that is being a good steward of my professions best intrest. And that if the customer is happy then in the end its beter for everyone.

Anway George thanks for your worthless opion like always.

Best Regards,
Jer

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
So George! oop's i mean jetmotoxr how have you been reading the fourms regularly to pick up tips without being a DRN member until today? :p

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
"Beacause, unlike you I belive that is being a good steward of my professions best intrest. And that if the customer is happy then in the end its beter for everyone.

Anway George thanks for your worthless opion like always.

Best Regards,
Jer "

You know, I just think its kind of funny that he ends that with "best regards" !! I mean.. its just plain hilarious.

I just think its funny.. dont get the wrong idea, I'm not trying to diss jeremy in any way!

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Man, I have never read such a fixed 'discussion' in my life. Isn't it obvious to everyone reading this forum how geared up it is to simply promote MX Tech Suspension.

While I'm not someone quick to defend Jeremy when he is calling others "hacks" I will say that he is not the type that uses his forum to drumb up business. Plus, he has allowed his detractors to say what they will just as he has said what he felt.

I have no axe to grind with either Jer or George but surely this forum is fixed.

No. It is not. Personal disagreements happen and I HATE seeing them go public like this but I would not be a moderator here and put my integrity on the line by being associated with DRN if I didn't trust the overall integrity of all the forums.

This seems to me to be an issue between Jer and PA. PA's supporters are here and so are Jer's. Who is right? I don't care. But it isn't a fix.

Ivan

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
Moto278 do us all a favor scan your reciept from MX-Tech and post it on here. I do not believe you had them do your suspension. And if you cannot find that reciept say your sorry for posting that lie!

Darby581

Dec 19, 2001
OK, Been monitoring this site for quite awhile, and have added my two cents worth from time to time, I figure I'll go ahead and give you a dollar's worth and be done. This site to me is nothing but a big advertisement for MX Tech, they lost my respect when I was replied to with "PA needs to pay it's vendors" back when we were talking about Springmaker springs, right now I've got fourteen sets of broken Springmaker springs, the cost of replacing the springs is not that big of a deal, but the cost of replacing the internals that the broken springs caused is. Did these springs break because GQ didn't pay the bill, or did GQ not pay the bill because all the springs were breaking or binding? As long as MX Tech is using Springmaker springs, it won't be long before it catches up to them and they are out of business. Yes, blame it on people not servicing their suspension as often as they should, for the springs to be measured to see how much they are collapsing before they break, but I've had Pro riders break them in two weeks. How often should they have serviced them? Maybe every week I guess will be the answer.
Need I say more?

Heavy C

Jun 25, 2002
Jer It's a shallow person who try's to dim someone else's porchlight to make his seem much brighter. I'm sure in your world Yours is the brightest. Good Luck in your struggle at LIFE !!!

JETMOTOXR

Jun 24, 2002
Wow Jer!! I just became the head of Pro-Action, cool beats my day job anyway. You are obviously paranoid as well as unscroop, unskrup, unscrupulus,,,damn it, where's that spellchecker!!!!

You see, you are at it again being unkind and insulting people, now you are calling me a 'moron' just for expressing my opinion. I would feel embarassed if I was hosting a forum and then abusing my members in this way, NOT very professional.

Can you imagine if this forum's host was Mitch Payton, Donny Emler or even George Quay and they were slinging insults at their members or discrediting their competitors in the way you have. Perhaps the forum name ought to be changed to ' Suspension Forum with MX Tech, your Number 1 choice for all your suspension needs!'

You mention some other companies occasionally in your forum just to put up a smoke screen to make it look like you are unbiased. If you are totally unbiased (as you should be), why do you not mention ALL the major companies and let the reader contact them and make up their own minds, instead you slag them openly in the way you have to feed your own vindictive personality. You probably mention some of the other companies for sake of the forum and then contact the member directly by e-mail or IM to tell them how great you are and to use MX Tech.

The bottom line is Jer, that you have turned this forum into a cattle market and YOU are surely breaking the rules of your own forum by trying to influence your members in the way you have instead of it being used solely for discussion and where serious riders can learn about their suspension in an unbiased professional way. Perhaps you should take a few tips from Eric Gorr's section on the DRN forum and learn from how he answers questions in a professional manner giving the member several options to explore.

Face it Jer, give it up man, and stick to copying parts!!!

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000

You mention some other companies occasionally in your forum just to put up a smoke screen to make it look like you are unbiased. If you are totally unbiased (as you should be), why do you not mention ALL the major companies and let the reader contact them and make up their own minds, instead you slag them openly in the way you have to feed your own vindictive personality. You probably mention some of the other companies for sake of the forum and then contact the member directly by e-mail or IM to tell them how great you are and to use MX Tech.

Face it Jer, give it up man, and stick to copying parts!!!

Dude How did you figure it that out! Your a smart feller MR. Quay..

Well anyway since you don't know how a fork works, (what was your excuse I could tell you then I'd have to kill you..) ITs funny when you teurn the heat up its funny how many roaches come out of the woodwork..

Readers I've become quite tired of debating with a DH that can 't defend himself techincally, and then after losing his nomination for father of the year devlops aliouses, and asks everyone of his cronnines whos' never been here before to come stire the pot.

This is the way this man batlelty rules from his bully pulpit. Unfortunalty for him I know that the good people ie longstanding menmbers of this forum are not dupped by clearly the biggest ego, CH, and gerenaral all around scum bag to ever to operate a business.

Please use this action and the action of the first time posters here that obvously something is defently amuke. Its obvoius to me that GQ can't really defend himself, so now hes trying to prey on what he percieves as my nieveta.. So althought I'd love to thro more insults it proably best if I let the stones fall.

GQ, you my unrespectable collouege (Thats a oximoron) are a loser. Please ask you cronnies to leave. But I won't lower myself anmore than I have already, if they wish to keep slinging more mud for you then so be it, I'd rather spar with you personally than deal with all your freinds cronies or allter ego's that your now having do you bidding.

The good news your case is lost, you did not make father of the year and I'm moving on. My Forum speaks well for its self and I belive my place in this indsutry still remains secure. (Hopefully you won't: Insert caried out threat) to me and we can continue to compete on the batlefeild of life, where the game is creally turning on the old master.

Your best choice choice would be to spend sometime here contributing help to memebers of the forum, and gain a soild rep for yourself.. However I'm sure you'll be too busyt at the soup chicken.

So anyway I guess thats it for now..

PA franchise, cronnies etc.. Now is your opertunity ti slame my speeling, and tell the world how much of a loser I am... Its free at least. Just like you opioions and well you do know what they say about that don't you?

Best Regards,
Jer

PS.. when having problems with spelling.. Just roll with it... YOu can't get all caught up in the details..

Thanks Again.. George

Jer

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
One thing I have noticed is that while this goes on Jeremy continues to answer peoples questions to the best of his ability and tries to help people. Still giving out great FREE advice. I have yet to see GQ or any of his 'henchman' who have just signed up trying to help anyone! Are any of you new guys planning to stay around, give free advice and have intelligent discussions about suspension. Basically are any of you going to ADD anything positive to this forum or this site? Just wondering.

ronronmxca

May 9, 2002
Jer,
1) Learn how to spell and connect yourself with the modern world of grammar!
2) How the heck can you honestly try and push MR.Quay from the podium of suspension technicians? I would say his credibility in the world of MX is FAR greater than yours yet you feel the need to bite at his ankles. He has helped MANY riders and racers much like myself attain goals that would not have been possible without his help.
3) There is an old saying..."when you sling mud, YOU lose ground" I'll add that you also become DIRTY!!!

Enjoy your typing lessons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom