Pro X Piston, Will Wiseco Rings Work?

Honda Rider

Oct 1, 2001
Ok, I'm putting new rings in my 2000 CR125. It currently has a Pro X piston in it. Will Wiseco rings work with that piston, or will I have to buy Pro X rings? :think: Thanks in advance.

JonGill2120

Dec 6, 2003
i do not think they will work due to wiseco using different rings than a stock piston........and pro-x pistons are made by the same japanese company that makes stock pistons for the "big 4" japanese bike mfgr's

i think you should get a ring that was meant for a pro-x piston.......it will only cost you $10 and could save you in the long run.......think about it would you rather spend $10 for the right ring or run a wiseco ring and risk having to spend around $300-$400 for a new piston kit, replate the cylinder, and possibly rebuild the crank when your Wiseco ring breaks and destroys your engine???

its your call tho

-Jon

Honda Rider

Oct 1, 2001
Yeah, that's what I figured. I'd actually bought the wiseco ring thinkin i had the same piston, forgettin I'd put in a Pro X piston, luckily the parts don't come till tom., so I'll just get the right rings, thanks for the help. :thumb:

Top Bottom