JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
I did not see this in the tech tips so I'll ask. I love to run race gas for many reasons (throttle response, burns clean, etc.) However, if you go on a three day ride in the middle of nowhere, you probably won't be able to buy race gas in the area. I've heard that adding a little octane booster to premium pump gas makes the pump gas very similiar to race gas. Comments and suggestions please ????
Thanks
JCW

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by JCW
I've heard that adding a little octane booster to premium pump gas makes the pump gas very similiar to race gas. Comments and suggestions please ????

Unfortunately that isn't true. You can get a small octane increase through the use of octane boosters, but the characteristics of race gas that you enjoy will NEVER be replicated this way.

Here's a thread that should shed a bit more light. http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?threadid=15450&referrerid=16241

dmcc

Apr 3, 2002
agitt73, do you know much about aviation fuel? I as because i have easy access to it, but heard one time that the characteristics of avgas are hard on most engines. I don't know enough to know if this is true, but would like to be sure before I put it in my bikes. Any reliable info would be greatly appreciated.

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
Rich, Thanks for the info and the link to add'l info. It looks like race gas is still the ticket.
JCW
PS What an awesome website this is.

Top Bottom