kid1293

Feb 12, 2007
ok here is a good one,have a 03 pw 50 with a big bore kit (60)cc now.bike was running great until recently,the little dude was riding and it didnt sound rite.so i turned the switch to off and it still runs.so i pulled off the spark boot and it still ran, so i had to pull out the spark plug to kill it.so next ride i backed out the air screw 1.5 turns and it still did it.this to me is a mystery.think i must be running lean.ps put in bigger jet that was supplied with the kit. :pissed:

SHSPVR

Oct 24, 2006
Air leak will only cuases motor to run at high rpm
Did you upgarde the exhaust system?
To me this sound more like Preignition this happing when using low octane fuel but there other things that can cuase this as well.
It possable pistons on backwards dbl check the top of the piston for an arrow stamped in it. This MUST face towards the exhaust port.
It possable that compression rings is in the bottom grove or upside some rings have a markings on the rings. A word or dot on the ring that should be the top ring and marking need be facing up.
What did the Spark plug look like?
Try moving the needle to bottom grove
If that dosen't help
Change the Spark plug to lower heat range
If that still dosen't help
Take good look at the Head Gasket.

kid1293

Feb 12, 2007
overheating

thanks guys only happens when running for longer than say 30 mins.also kill switch works fine only when it overheats.i still have to tear into it just wanted some input beforehand.also good to see everyone has older bikes (dinosaurs). i love my kdx. :)

Top Bottom