cope

Sep 22, 2005
I have PW50 (Yamaha) that has a few carb problems. I have fixed them,but now I can't get the throttle sleeve at the end of throttle cable in the carb to slide up and down. It fits tightly and the needle goes through. The spring seems to be in good shape and slot key on the side is adjusted properly. I just replaced throttle cable. If anybody has seen or heard of this prob. let me know (short of buying a new carb) what i can do

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
are you talking about the slide inside the carb? Is it stuck UP? or down? if its up, did you orient it in the right direction?

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
does it move up and down when you twist the throttle when its not in the carb? Sounds like you don't have the slack on the cable setup right? If it worked before and now does not then look at the last maintenance you did. 99% of the time its technician induced during the last maintenance.

cope

Sep 22, 2005
Thanks for the imput
It moves up and down when not in carb just fine,and yes it is lined up fine with key on the side.
I even removed the cable from it and tried to put it in that way and it still is difficult to move. It worked fine in the past, I just don't have any idea why this would happen out of the blue. Bike runs like a jamp with it out, just like it would be in full throttle so the carb is working properly.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
do you have calipers> I'm guessing you accidentally smashed the slide a little and made the slide out of round. measure it and see. Sounds like you might be buying a new slide. About the only thing I see could be the problem unless you have some burrs on the slide but those should be pretty apparent. You could possibly emery cloth the slide to get it to fit. Your only off a thou or two if it fits and just does not slide easily.

cope

Sep 22, 2005
Thanks
Thought that would be the next step I'll give it a try. It looks just fine on the inside and no burrs just kinda crazy that it fits at the top ok but not lower in carb. I'll get back to everybody later to let you know what I did. Again thanks for the info

cope

Sep 22, 2005
ok I found small burrs on it from trying to put it in. a burr was formed from puting it back in and out and it was hitting the idle screw. So with that fixed it runs great until i install the airfilter and housing. It then will not go above idle. I have adjusted air screw and idle but it did not change. In the past (2weeks ago) I changed out the pin attached to the float so that is in god shape. any ides as to why this bike only runs good with filter off let me know.
thanks

Top Bottom