jlkass

Dec 16, 2004
Hi Guys,

I have a late 80s PW50 which starts fine and will ride fine for a few minutes, then it will die. Usually sounds like it's starving for fuel. Check the carby and there seems to be plenty of fuel. Checkl spark and there is spark. Wont start again - unless you leave it for about 10 mins, then off you go again with same scenario as above!!

I Have recently bought the bike and before riding it fitted new air filter and new plug and carby given good clean.

Any ideas??

wd_trst

Dec 31, 2007
I purchased an older one of these (1992) recently for my 4 year old, made it look shiny and new and it has been nothing but a headache. When I was getting it ready, mine would stall out after running at almost full throttle for a minute or two. Like it was starving for fuel. I learned that this has a rev limiter. I also learned that when this thing is cold it needs to warm up for about 4-5 minutes with the choke on. This solved most of my problems unitl this past weekend.

jlkass

Dec 16, 2004
Checked the clip position and found the clip on the last setting (bottom). I changed it to second from the top and it now seems to be ok?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom