nofx_boden

Jan 1, 2008
Hey I have been reading a lot about this washer that you can remove from the muffler on a PW50 and get better power. I removed the exhaust from the head and there was a washer in the pipe end. I removed it but it then had a leak. It seems that the washer is acting as a gasket. I am wanting to know if I am taking out the right thing or is there something else that I need to look for. If anyone has some pic's that would also be a great help.

Thanks

nofx_boden

Jan 1, 2008
I found a link. I am thinking that rimg that everyone is talking about is #2. Any thoughts??????

The link is on pwonly and it has a drawing for the exhaust and I think that it is part #2

Let me know if I am on the right track.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
It would be the washer between the head and the pipe. Some dealers are nice enough to take it out before handing the bike over. They barely run with the washer in place, and the throttle stop is more than enough. If you have found the correct pieced, then it will severely restrict airflow.

nofx_boden

Jan 1, 2008
Thanks the part must be taken out already because frome the sounds of it this little bike works out well for my 5 year old. I am just wanting to get the most bang for my buck with this. I live in CO and want to go trail riding with my kids and don't want my little guy to fall to far behind or not be able to make it up some hills. Thanks for the help.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Look into the QT gear conversion (peeweecycle.com) for a bit more torque at the rear wheel. It will help with climbing the hills.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
when you buy the pipe gasket it comes with a washer attached. the hole on the washer is only about 1/4" in dia. if your hole was more like 25mm then the washer is already removed.

Top Bottom