stalefish

Aug 14, 2006
Hey
The rear wheel on our pw50 spins a little in start. I have adjusted the rear brake to spec. I have been making some mods to this bike lately. Maybe I got a little off on something. Its got a 60 cc cylinder piston head , boyesen power reeds #65 main jet. vented airbox, exhaust has no spark arrester tip. Also I am posting on the exhaust I have heard horray and neigh for the exhaust mod (removing the tip) I don't know?

Last edited:

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
with the 60 kit you really want the fmf pipe and silencer combo. if your tire is spinning at idle the idle is too high or your cluthc springs are crap. Could be too thick of oil too. You should run 75Wt in that thing. You should hit the aftermarket and get higher stall speed springs with the 60 kit!!!!!

stalefish

Aug 14, 2006
Thanks for your help here, I have been looking at the clutch springs offered at peewee cycle. I will try that and then look at the oil. I run Motul 600 (well its called motul 710 now ) in the mix, and yamaha 4 in the tranny . I'm unsure what you mean about the 75 weight oil.

Last edited:

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
75 weight is the viscosity of the oil. not sure what yamaha 4 is. but an 85 wieght oil is thicker. with the clutch spinning and the basket stationary the oil basically sticks between the two and turns the basket. The motul is good for pre-mix but the area of concern for a spinning tire is the trans oil. go to your local shop and ask for Maxima 75W ultra light weight oil. Or mix your oil half yamaha 4 with half Type F ATF from autozone.
Clutch engagment is strictly a funcion of spring rate. how stiff your springs are determines at what RPM the weight of the shoes overcome the pull of the springs.

stalefish

Aug 14, 2006
OK this is in the other post as well,

I purchased some springs at the hardware store as the holeshot springs i got on e*** didn't work. The springs which are only slightly stiffer than stock other wise same in size coupled with the use of Bell Rae 75w tranny oil solved the mystery of the idle spinning wheel . No where in the entire town could I find the Maxima brand. The spinning problem stopped and the bike runs good. The wheel was still spinning with the installation of the holeshot clutch springs I spent $20 on at the e***. and the bike ran terribly.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom