oldyellerrt

Aug 5, 2007
PW80 help I GOT IT< THX!

Ok, I am sort of new to these. I had a Banshee back in the mid 90's. But I bought a 01 PW80 and 97 300EX 4 wheeler yesterday for $1400. They both ran good and started right up, but looked like they had been riden alot. I got the PW home and got it started but if you let off the throttle, it wants to die. Then when we put it up last night, I tried to restart it and I couldn't get it running. It was leaking fuel out of an over flow tube (I am assuming) on the carb. Does it need rebuilt? What all should I change for a tune up? Any help and sugestions would be great. Thanks

Last edited:

oldyellerrt

Aug 5, 2007
I can do that, does a flow valve come in some kind of carb kit? Do I get those at the dealer? I figured I would put a new plug, wire, air filter and such on it. Does it have a fuel filter on it somewhere? Thanks for your help!

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
It has no fuel filter in stock form, but you can buy a filter or it and place it in the fuel line. While checking the carb, make sure that the float isn't leaking, as with almost every carb on the planet, if the float fills with fuel, then needle will not seat. I do not know of any kit for re-buiding the carb, but the parts can be sourced from you local dealer. Also, remember that the 2-stroke oil goes in the reservoir under the seat, and you should probably make sure that the injection pump is working properly, a test that may be best done by the dealer. Many people would rather bypass the pump, often incorrectly, and use premix, rather than adjust the oil flow.

oldyellerrt

Aug 5, 2007
Went to the dealer last week to order a new float and seat valve. They were going to be $35-$40. A new carb was $65. So I bought a new one and put it on, runs like a top!
Thanks for the suggestions!

darville

Sep 3, 2007
could any 1 help me av got a pw80 and it loses power when i put it in second and after a while it picks the speed up then i put it in 3rd and it loses power again and dosnt pick its speed up can any 1 help me plz

darville

Sep 3, 2007
iv cleaned both ov them had the carb off washed with soapy warm water and petrol and the airfilter iv cleaned with hot soapy water any other suggestions

Top Bottom