Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
I recently installed a 5.2 rear spring on my 220. The spring is a race tech and was quite a bit longer than the stock spring. after installation the spring only allows a few threads above the lock nut. This is making fine tuning the sag hard. With the stock spring there was a few inches left above. Is this the case with anyone else who has the 5.2 or did they send me the wrong spring?
Thanks
Lew

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
I just got off the phone with race tech and they said it is the right spring and correct rate for my application. I have the the race sag at about 3 3/4" with free sag now at 7/8".

canyncarvr - you seem to have great knowledge on suspensions. Any advise?
I am hoping my worries are for nothing. as the bike does handle sweet, but suspension work is new to me.
Thanks
Lew

The Axman

Feb 17, 2002
Lew, I found the exact same thing when I got my RaceTech spring. As I was installing I even began to wonder if I was going to be able to start the preload ring onto the shock. At this point I have it cranked down about 3/4". I can see 5 threads above the ring.

After readjusting the rebound and compression settings I have found that the bike handles like a dream. Ax

Top Bottom