Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Well we got to Redbud Thursday night and got the best spot we’ve ever had-much closer to the Pro track. The Randy Rig is about as good as it gets in accommodations, it’s beautiful. The weather was perfect all weekend-the sun was hot. Friday we watched great Am racing on the big track all day and then had a grill out and chilled for a bit. Watched some night racing on the small track and called it a day. The next morning we went to the pro track and watched practice and qualifying. Ryan Villopoto’s grandpa was up there and told a guy next to us about Jason Lawrence getting arrested and booted off the Yammie team. What a dumbazz! We had a grill out and chill out for a while after practice was over and then want to the night track just in time to see the Pitbike races-Willie Browning is just unreal on a KLX! I have video of him just flying around that track.
Sunday came and we got up a bit late from all the noise out side we didn’t get up until just about 9 AM. They were doing practice when we got to our seats in the top row of the main grandstand. There were some run away wins and some great battles with in the motos. The Trey Canard-Dungey battle in the second lites moto was fantastic for at least 7-8 laps and Dungey ran out of gas or something on the last lap going up Lorocco’s leap. Trey was way ahead of him and went over the bars on a down hill getting too much front brakes but got going just before Dungey passed him and then it was on!
We enjoyed rooting for Nico Izzy. We watched him race on the AM track back in like 2004 on a little RM 85 kicking azz and knew he was special so it was cool to see him doing well in the Lites class.

The Alessi crash looked bad, they red flagged the race until they could get him off the track. I guess he is out for the rest of the series. Millsaps crashed in the first moto and never came back out. Jason Lawrence is looking for a job, maybe ultimate fighting?

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
TCTrailrider said:
Nasty, hope he's OK.

From Racerxill.com

July 07, 2008
Mike Alessi Injury Report
- press release -

Orange, Calif. (July 7, 2008) - Rockstar Makita Suzuki factory rider Mike Alessi suffered a horrific crash at the start of the final 450cc moto at Round 5 of the AMA Toyota Outdoor Motocross Championships in Buchanan, Michigan.

Alessi sustained fractures to both scapula's, broken ribs and a bruised lung. He has been released from the hospital and will return to Southern California to see his personal physician.

Once Mike consults with his personal physician, he will have a better idea of an expected date on his return to racing.

For updates on Mike’s condition, please visit www.alessiracing.com.

Last edited:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I would like to know who the rider that circled back to see how he is doing is. That guy deserves a thank you. In the heat of the race to turn back and check on your fellow racer is something special.

E_Langen

Jun 25, 2000
YZMAN400 said:
I would like to know who the rider that circled back to see how he is doing is. That guy deserves a thank you. In the heat of the race to turn back and check on your fellow racer is something special.

Ricky Renner

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I did not know that Gene owned all that property! Saturday morning got me stuck all the way at the north end past the night track, my feet are still barking! Good thing there was PLENTY of empty parking in the b lot Sunday morning. Right in front of gate 4 was cool. I blew the Millsaps crash, dead battery. Nothing like THEE crash, wow, that one will stay a longtime. Watching the clip from the northside hurt more than my view, thankfully. It sure sounded like they were coming around for 1 lap before they red flagged. The Michigan Mafia is looking better all the time. Nico is coming along great. Travis and Shane Sewell must have had issues away from my view, they looked good in the back half. Nick was riding better than he finished also. Watching, hearing and smelling them 2 strokes and their pilots was the best of all! The night track Saturday night was sounding just as well. I even heard guy track talk about a 2010 CR250r, I like that rumor!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I have video I've tried to load on U tube 3 times last night, I have some awesome footage of pit bike racing. :| It won't load.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
E_Langen said:
Ricky Renner

Yep I figured that out last night. Turns out he had a pretty louzy weekend himself. Sprained ankle on Laroccos leap in practice. Came up 5ft short on a 2nd attempt with said bad ankle and hurt his back big time and smashed his chin on the bars. Chin needed stiches.

Said he was just turning laps in the motos trying to earn some points at least. finished like 31st and 21st or something like that.

He has a myspace page with a blog about the weekend and the incident.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Did you try, you tube or, u tube Fred? You tube is much better! I will find you next year!

Yeah, tried You tube but it loads and then gets stuck for 30 minutes so I quit. I tried again this morning and still no luck.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Oh, what about that Saturday fireworks show? The wife and I were about to be pissed it was so short, then holy cow! Something must be up with the video, way over my head!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Wolverine423 said:
I thought I seen No# 15 Tim Ferry on a video clip?...

Ricky Rennner #75 said:
Day 6 - Race Day

As the sun rose over the freshly groomed track, it looked to be a promising day for racing as my foot was much better. I got dressed and headed down to the track for practice. This time I managed to throw down a solid 2:33:566, which was good enough for 10th. As practice 2 got underway I was more anxious to get out there and try to get a time deeper inside the top 10, as I approached The Leap once again i failed to clear it, this time coming up about 5' short. as my body collapsed I busted my chin open and lost feeling from the waist down. As i rolled off the track and fell over all I could think was that I had just broke my back. After the asterisk Medic crew was there for about 2 minutes I began to get feeling again and got up. It was a miracle to be able to case this jump that hard and not only get up but ride away. With completing no laps in the second session i was forced to keep my first time which would leave me with 13th gate pick. Barley able to walk with my foot swollen and a sprained ankle, and the addition of the messed up back and stitches in the chin, I hobbled down to the starting line for moto one. As the gate dropped for the parade lap I tried to do a few jumps but the pain was too much, I decided to roll out of the gate and cruz around the track to make a few dollars. With starting in 40th place and not passing any riders, I managed to finish 31st with all the riders that pulled off the track. After resting up for moto 2, we approached the gates yet again for another 40 minute moto. I took off first on the hot lap so that I could look cool on the live timing system and lead a lap...hahah. after the lap I was in pain once again and decided to just roll out of the gate last and if i could ride then I would, but with not being able to hang on very well I did not want to be up front and not jump a jump. As the gate dropped I rolled around at the tail end of the pack and came over a singe only to find a knocked out Mike Alessi's body directly infront of me, my bike crushed his body, with me hurting and in last place already I decided to turn around and go check on him. I waited for the Asterisk medic crew and rode away as there was nothing I could do. Naturally with a sever crash like this the AMA red flagged the race and we returned to the gates. Rolling out of the gate yet again I decided that I was going to try to jump some jumps, after completing the first lap in last place but still right with the rest of the pack i decided to put my head down and ride through the pain. I managed to charge back up to 20th place scoring 1 pt for the day. I was pumped to even be able to ride. With not being able to move iI ate and went to sleep.

31-20 for 26th overall

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=200997181

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Just finished watching the lites from Redbud..

I really wish they'd get rid of those two morons they have doing the broadcast.. Better yet, fire the whole crew, cept for Erin Bates.

Emig refused to say "Larrocco's Leap". Triple Step Up - Parking Lot Jump, WTF???? Never mind all the crap he said that was just plain wrong, which it seems he does every broadcast.

I really wish they'd hire the guys that did the Canadian MX last year. They were great..

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
IndyMX said:
Emig refused to say "Larrocco's Leap". Triple Step Up - Parking Lot Jump, WTF????

Some conspiracy theory, but no one wants to say what that is exactly...

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
IndyMX said:
Just finished watching the lites from Redbud.

I really wish they'd hire the guys that did the Canadian MX last year. They were great..

Yes, I love watching Canadian MX, love it when they say such and such got the hole sheeeeaaooot!!!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Speaking of Red Bud. A friend of mine got a ticket that weekend on his streetbike. I just had to re-post this picture he posted cause I thought it was funny as hell.

Check out the line in the remarks section :rotfl:

ticket.jpg

Top Bottom