Red/Green sticker issue in California

donkipp

Apr 17, 2006
I'm sure this issue has been written about but I had a few questions..

Just bought my son a 2004 YZ 85 and found out its a "Red Sticker", not a huge deal since he will most likely ride at tracks,glen helen, perris, 395 etc..

Southern California specific
1) Are there any places you can ride outside of the redsticker dates? excluding tracks

2) Are all tracks open to red sticker bikes year round?

3) Third and final, is the redsticker date ever going to change, similar to the old smogging of a vehiche? I think the gap is like 30 years for a car , so before 1975 your car was exempt.

Thanks for your help :nod:

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
Some are year round. Most tracks dont care if your bike is even registered. It is not going to change. It was originally supposed to be enacted in 96' and got pushed off to 02'. So its a done deal. I dont know about all the places in socal, but in norcal most the places stop red sticker bikes from mid april to oct and that is prime riding time at many spots. Also they are pretty regular about sound checks at most places as well.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Direct link to page -

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1140/files/ohv reg summary 0623.pdf

Tracks are on private land, therefore stickers aren't an issue.

For now, areas such as Kennedey Meadows are open year round for both Red and Green stickers. This remote location is nice, but it isn't a day trip for most.

Rules may change, but I doubt it will be in our favor.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom