Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I have no experience with auto-clutches on big bikes, so I won't vote. People do seem to like them. I think the manual over-ride would be a must, for me.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I don't have experience with them either, but I think it would be cool to have, and would make this bike more woods-worthy as well, at least when I take into account what Papakeith said about his experiences.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I had an auto-clutch on my CRF450. It is all that and a bag of chips.

The only reason I got rid of it was because I felt like I was cheating. I was afraid I'd forget how to use the clutch.

Ivan

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
The bike is going to be a Service Honda 500, right? I can see why lots of guys like the auto-clutch, but I don't think I'd want one a regular-sized bike. I might want one on a bike like a 500, though. It would definately add to the bling factor :cool: I don't know if its been decided yet whether the bike is going to be offroad or Moto? I'd vote yes for being woods-friendly but no for MX.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
auto clutch makes the ebutton optional, w/o the weight, imho

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'd rather kick start a bike with a Rekluse than have the magic button and not the auto clutch ANY DAY! It's a GOTTA" HAVE in my book!

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
I am with patman! I witnessed his kicking abilities!

but for the Rekluse clutch is the way to go on the x bike.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Heck Wardy you know I can kick a bike! (the actual starting is a bit of an issue sometimes) Lot's of practice for sure LOL!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I'm not going to vote on this one, I have never experienced one of these. I don't hear a lot of people owning these -are they cost prohibitive or something?

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Nope.
Can't bump start the bike, CR500s don't idle very well - don't care how well they're jetted, when they are being thrashed they get hot and may stall.
The bike runs hotter because the clutch is slipping more. It may have a tendancy to boil under very adverse conditions - an overflow built in to the front downtube will help to retrieve fluid if it does.
You can't feather the clutch as well when hill climbing so you wind up backing off - bad for hillclimbing.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Also not that there is a cooling fan option on the SH spec sheet so if we add that option the overheating might be less of an issue.

Besides Kiwi, I've seen pics of you using a block & tackle to get a bike up a "trail". ;)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I love the Rekluse in my CRF450 so I say yes. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom