Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
I need the knowledge of the Okie Spodes!!

I'm trying to help a guy tag one of my bikes for him to use on the roads in Okla., I have the MSO - any ideas?

Thanks!

PS>>>> You guys have to come down for "Last Man Standing" sponsored by KTM and Red Bull - up to 300 of the worlds best riders will be competeing over, well, let's just say some TOUGH terrain during the day and night... wooohooo, this will be FUN and it's free!! It's November12 at Muenster(Red River Dirt Rider Trails) The Red River Dirt Riders will be the club host and will be setting the trails up. :ride:
http://www.redbulllastmanstanding.com

bnichols70

Sep 23, 2004
I just got off the phone with my wife who works at a tag office here in the state. I can kinda answer the question, but will follow up in a bit, after she gets off the phone with the tax commission in OKC.
There will have to be some type of statement and proof that it is now street legal, as I made an assumption that you are putting lights, signals, etc on an offroad bike. This part she is checking on. As for the MSO, and if it came equipped from the dealership with the lights, signals, mirrors, etc, then that is all that is needed, and a tag and title will be issued.

I was reading a post a bit ago about the bikes here in OK having to have the ORV sticker. It is for bikes purchased after 1 Aug, 05, to cover the excise taxes, as she explained to me, but if tagging this will be irrelevant. How can you prove that my 04 that I bought out of state on 2 August isnt legal, because it was a dealer closeout that didn't sell, I don't know. I will post again when she calls me back with your answer.
Billy

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
My past experience has been:
Front and rear turn sigals
Rear view mirror
Head light w/hi/lo
brake lamp
tag light
DOT tires
This is all to be shown and demonstrated at the time the title application is made. An affidavit should be included explaining the modifications to make it street legal.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Thanks Guys!

The bike is an '05 GasGas 450 which has lights(h/l beam), brake lights, horn and the ability to add turn signals.

Sounds fairly easy.

Anybody heading up to Missouri for the Black Jack Enduro?

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
hey bnichols, i see you live in pryor. so do i. you don't happen to live on oakwood road behind the new wal-mart, do you?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Enduro_Nut said:
Thanks Guys!

The bike is an '05 GasGas 450 which has lights(h/l beam), brake lights, horn and the ability to add turn signals.

Sounds fairly easy.

Anybody heading up to Missouri for the Black Jack Enduro?
Planned but not definite.

bnichols70

Sep 23, 2004
hahaha
MX547

Depends.
Does he owe you money? If so. Not me. Don't know him. But I'm sure he is a good guy...

I had seen your posts... Who is this?

bnichols70

Sep 23, 2004
back to title question

Bike will be required to have Blinkers, horn, head/tail lights, odometer/speedo etc.

You will need to provide proof of the purchase of above of this to send in, along with the MSO (bring to tag office).

The owner will sign a "Body Change Affidavid" and a title application at the tag office and they will send in the MSO, and proof of purchase of equipment. This will be sent to Title Consultation at OKC and a permission to title will be sent in about 2-4 weeks, if all goes okay. Then you can obtain the title and tag by returning to the tag office.

Hope this helps.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
bnichols70 said:
hahaha
MX547

Depends.
Does he owe you money? If so. Not me. Don't know him. But I'm sure he is a good guy...

I had seen your posts... Who is this?

i met you a few months ago. i was surveying in your area for the new waterline and road. your kid was riding his pw50 in the field across the street. i talked to you for awhile. if i remember correctly, you are stationed at the national guard base/thunderbird academy and were looking for a wr250. judging from your profile, it looks like you found one.

45moto

May 16, 2006
bnichols70 said:
I just got off the phone with my wife who works at a tag office here in the state. I can kinda answer the question, but will follow up in a bit, after she gets off the phone with the tax commission in OKC.
There will have to be some type of statement and proof that it is now street legal, as I made an assumption that you are putting lights, signals, etc on an offroad bike. This part she is checking on. As for the MSO, and if it came equipped from the dealership with the lights, signals, mirrors, etc, then that is all that is needed, and a tag and title will be issued.

I was reading a post a bit ago about the bikes here in OK having to have the ORV sticker. It is for bikes purchased after 1 Aug, 05, to cover the excise taxes, as she explained to me, but if tagging this will be irrelevant. How can you prove that my 04 that I bought out of state on 2 August isnt legal, because it was a dealer closeout that didn't sell, I don't know. I will post again when she calls me back with your answer.
Billy

45moto

May 16, 2006
Tag and title for dirt bike in Oklahoma

I would like information on how to tag and title my XR500 in the state of Oklahoma. It sounds like you may have that info. Thanks

Top Bottom