Rockey5000

Mod Ban
May 6, 2002
While browsing various sites, Ive noticed Rich Rohrich's name popping up very often, just what exactlydo you do Mr. Rohrich, im dying to know!
http://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/xrproject.html

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Not sure where its at, but do a search on Rich. Eric Gorr sheads a little light into his background. Not sure what that Okie was talking about :confused:

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Rich has been published many times in many mags, etc. That was some lightweight stuff... when he really let's loose, you'll have no idea if he's even speaking English.

I got to watch the boss at work on installing Eric Gorr's big bore in my my YZF yesterday... I'll never touch a wrench again. This winter, he promises to flow the head and drop in some hot cams... :p .

Bottom line, this guy has forgotten more than most of the "top" tuners out there know.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Not sure where its at, but do a search on Rich. Eric Gore
That would be Gorr. :)

You see there are those "tuners" out there that can bolt-up whatever the latest hop-up fad is, then there are guys like Eric and Rich who dig deep to find-out if this latest gizmo is worth your hard earned dollars. They enjoy telling the truth and saving you some green.

B

biglou

Go to the Advanced Technology and Engineering forum and read the thread entitled "Rich Rohrich". It was just brought to the top of the forum by a nomination that it be put into the archives. I second that motion, BTW. :cool:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Truespode
Doesn't everyone have the major players on speed dial?
Pizza Boy
Yeah, right hear on DRN! :worship: :thumb:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by Okie
Bottom line, this guy has forgotten more than most of the "top" tuners out there know.
In essence what you're saying is Rich is psyco ;)

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
when he really let's loose, you'll have no idea if he's even speaking English.
I know exactly what you're talking about, sometimes when I hear him answer a question I have about a gazillion more questions based on what he said.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Rich is building my project bike engine (with some help from Eric as well). Our phone conversations start out normal enough "Hey Peeman it's Rich, what's going on?" shortly after that my head is spinning with all the info Rich is throwing out. "Uh gee Rich that sounds really cool, was that last part in Portuguese?" :confused: I feel so totally honored YES really HONORED that guys like Eric and Rich would spit on my engines let alone spend the time to help me make it what I want and not what the latest sparkle shop is trying to push.

Years ago I remember reading Eric Gorr's stuff in the magazines and thinking "This guy is IT!" then he sort of disappeared and I lost touch with dirt biking for several years. Well come the Internet and I'm on this less than great board when another guy points a few of us to DRN. We pretty much invade the place and who do I find? Eric Gorr, man was I pumped. Then I start reading up on Rich, I figure out how to do a search on the Internet and find more and more stuff on this guy that I've never heard of. It's like he's this loon that has all this information stuck in his head and if you push the right buttons you hit three bars and win big (let's not talk about the wrong combination ;) ). Go out a look for the information folks it's out there and neither Rich nor Eric are going to blow their own horn.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Rich is an engine guy?? :think:

And all this time I thought he was a professional butt-chewer, contracted by Okie to keep us in line on the boards. Rich "Rip You A New One" Rohrich. :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by yzeater
So when do we get to hear more about this project..."Peeman"?
Well if I went and spilled the beans before it's done what fun would that be? I will say it's not going to be what many people might expect. The details of the engine are not even known by ME. I came up with a basic idea of what I wanted then sucked Rich, Jeremy, AJ, & Gary Emig into the vortex, we'll see what pops out the other side. :)

B

biglou

Originally posted by Patman

Well if I went and spilled the beans before it's done what fun would that be? I will say it's not going to be what many people might expect. The details of the engine are not even known by ME. I came up with a basic idea of what I wanted then sucked Rich, Jeremy, AJ, & Gary Emig into the vortex, we'll see what pops out the other side. :)
Emig, huh? You know, his shop is only about 15 miles from here. Maybe I'll grab my spy cam and take a stroll over there this week... :p

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
:scream: Careful Lou! I think they have a "Shoot on sight" order over at the "Skunk Works" :)

Before anyone flames me for calling Emigs shop a stinky place the "Skunk Works" was what Groom Lake was called and was the place where the fastest plane on earth was built, the SR-71/YF-74.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Rich may be a poopoo head but he likes elks so he can't be THAT bad!:thumb::) Oh, and he knows something about the internet's inner workings, trust me on that one!

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I think Rich has a hard time being mean to people in person.

Then again, after meeting Rich I suspect must people lose their ambition to be poo-poo heads to Rich...he's kind of a solid character!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I already have Gary's work in hand Lou so you looking at more like 815 miles. Oh an IF by some strange twist of fate you COULD find my house I'd let ya' see what's sitting on the stand.

Now back our irregularly scheduled Richathon :)

Top Bottom