gdnail1

Aug 10, 2002
need to meet people here that ride :aj:
alot of trails back in tenn.
what are blue/red sticker?(ca. requirement?)

Last edited:

tristan68

Mar 14, 2001
welcome to ca. moreno valley is in riverside county so as i was told by the law, there are no legal areas to ride in riverside county. there are places to ride but they aren't legal. do you ride tracks? or trails, if you want to look for tracks go to proride.com and they have all the tracks that are local to you.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Welcome to CA...... Now go home ;)

A few of us are headed to Miller Canyon next weekend. Riding consists of fire road and some mildly technical uphills amd trails.

By your profile I see you have a CR. If your CR is 98 or newer you will receive a red sticker which allows you to only ride on public trails part of the year. The rest of the year you are not supposed to ride the trails. A green sticker allows you to ride all year long.

Currently they are only checking for registration and spark arrestors. Please dont go to the mountains without a spark arrestor. It is extremely dry and wont take much to light it up.

There is a website that shows all the red/green info but I dont know it. Im sure somebody will post it for you.

Again welcome to CA and have fun.

gdnail1

Aug 10, 2002
tristan68 my son and i ride trails.yes i found out that, you can't ride legal
here in riverside.(the officer was quite ill) so far ca. is ok
the air is a little bad but have met some nice people.
thanks for the help
99 cr250
02ttr90 ya

gdnail1

Aug 10, 2002
rmJeff. where is miller canyon ? where do i find more imfo. on red green sticker? rode a lot of fire lanes in tn.and ms . hills and old logging trails. registration is in tn. do i need to change to ca? spark arrestors
yes' it gets pretty dry in the south too. alot of questons.
a officer was firm about puting my bikes back in the truck.
thanks think i'll stay for a while.we have about three years of work out here.

any imfo will help.

cr250
ttr90

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Welcome to CA! Here is some info on red/green stickers:

http://www.ama-d36.org/Lao/red_sticker_explanation.html

And here is link that you can follow to a map with many of CA's riding areas:

http://www.employees.org/~calridng/allsites.html

There is another thread about the location of Miller Canyon, it's near Silverwood Lake.

I'm recently transplanted from Northern California - if you like woods riding and have time to drive north, there are some great places up there. Also, you may really like riding in the desert - it's a whole different ball game.

Last edited:

gdnail1

Aug 10, 2002
:aj: thanks dirt bike dave, tristan68,rnjeff.
will check out this info will check out miller canyon,mabe the desert
thanks again : cr250 likes gas alot, where do you guys keep the spare gas? :aj:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by gdnail1
need to meet people here that ride :aj:

gdnail1.

You have come to the right place. Welcome to Kalifornia land of the fruits and nuts. (We keep most of them in Orange County.) :)

Like tristan68 already told you, there is no legal place to ride in Riverside County. But, if you know where to go and most improtant, where not to go, there is actually a lot of good riding out here. Keep an eye on the So. Cal. Wrecking Crew forum for future rides and events.

We have a really fun group of riders ranging in talent from fast guys to slow guys and every kind in between. Girls too.

Try not to take anything that you hear on the forum too serious. We have a lot of fun kidding around with each other and if you can't take a little constructive criticism about your riding style, well, you know the rest. ;)

On the longer rides, you can carry a bottle of pre-mix with you and take some gas from one of the four-stroke mother ships. They always seem to have more than enough gas on board.

The Miller Canyon ride next weekend will be a good one. Fun fireroads with some mellow single track thrown in. To get there from MoVal, take the 60 freeway North or West to the 215. Go North on the 215 and it will turn into the 15. Stay on the 15 North to Hwy 138. There is a McDonalds there where everyone is meeting.

Check out the links provided by dbd and RMJeff for green sticker legal areas. You and your Son are more than welcome to join us.

Hey tristan. When ya coming out to ride with us?

gdnail1

Aug 10, 2002
ol'89r thanks I;ll have to check what's going on at work. but would like to come . how long is the loop ? What time are you guys meeting at mcdonalds? thanks for the invite.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
gdnail1.

The loop will be aprox. 30-35 miles. We will be meeting at 8:00AM. Don't be late, RMjeff gets mad at us when we are late. :scream:

Check out Jeffs post in this forum titled, 8-10 So. Cal. mountains. miller canyon. There is a lot of information in that thread about the ride. Oh, and the date has been changed to the 17th.

I'll let someone else tell you about the tutu. :) :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
gdnail, we rode out in Beaumont a few weeks ago and it was fine. They stopped people from riding there a few years ago but they seem fine about it now. If you take the 60 freeway East from M.V. just prior to hitting the 10 freeway merge, if you look to your left, there is an extremely large area to ride. Lots of everything. You need to go back West on the 10 from where the merge is and take the first exit. Hang a left and follow the tracks until you see the first road over the tracks you find. Hang a left there and go into the riverbed. The ridign goes from there. We will plan another ride there soon if you want to go. Like everyone said, check the SoCAl wrecking crew rides, that's where we post them.
Next week will be a fun ride, I've never been on that one. A sparky is in need out there and I run a red sticker and have not had a problem yet with it. Tracks are in abundance out here, the proride link gives all of them. Enjoy and be safe and welcome here
Elk

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Both in it at the same time!:D We'll go ahead and let them fight out which way they face though!:)

tristan68

Mar 14, 2001
Ol'89r,

i think i'm coming this saturday, last time i was going to comtemplate going out with you guys, about a year ago i was still a virgin rider, :eek: but i think i got the hang of riding a bike now. so i hope to meet all of you saturday morning at mc-d's.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
We'd like to have you with us, see you then.:D

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by tristan68
Ol'89r,

i think i'm coming this saturday,i hope to meet all of you saturday morning at mc-d's.

That's terrific tristan. You will have a great time. ;)

Dang, now we need 3 tutu's. :scream: :)

gdnail1

Aug 10, 2002
ol'89r, a454elk, tristan68, rmJeff, don't look like i am going to make the ride to miller canyon.
going to have to work this weekend. hope to meet you guys and catch a loop sometime in the near future.

gdnail1

let me know how it goes

cr 250 getting rusty!!!!!!!! :ugg: :aj: :ugg:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
We'll do the Beaumont ride by the 10 and 60 freeway in a couple of weeks.:D

ctodd

Apr 26, 2002
what happens if you get caught in one of the areas like beaumont? i sure would like to ride there when i get my bike, the trails all over the hillsides sure look cool from the 60.

gdnail1

Aug 10, 2002
rmjeff.
i'll catch up with you guys (soon)
my co. has four jobs going on right now, out here.
looks like we will be here 2-3 years. hope to get to ride alot over the next 2-3 years.
have ya'll (southern for you guys ) done much sand riding?
what about chaparral motersports, someone told me they have a lot of gear,bike parts any info?

three guys on this crew are from the south , and ride alot to,(when time permit)

one has his cr500 here, the other two cr250s are back in tn. think they are going back there labor day weekend to pick them up.
still have to get stickers! (let me know how it goes this weekend)

GDNAIL1 :aj:

gdnail1

Aug 10, 2002
rmjeff.
i'll catch up with you guys (soon)
my co. has four jobs going on right now, out here.
looks like we will be here 2-3 years. hope to get to ride alot over the next 2-3 years.
have ya'll (southern for you guys ) done much sand riding?
what about chaparral motersports, someone told me they have a lot of gear,bike parts any info?

three guys on this crew are from the south , and ride alot to,(when time permit)

one has his cr500 here, the other two cr250s are back in tn. think they are going back there labor day weekend to pick them up.
still have to get stickers! (let me know how it goes this weekend)

GDNAIL1 :aj:

Last edited:

ctodd

Apr 26, 2002
What happens if you get caught in a place like Beaumont riding? Those trails off the 60 sure look cool. What about the deserts in Riverside Co.? Aren't there any legal places there? I'll need places to ride when i get my bike. And I am planning to move to hemet.

Top Bottom