mxrider76

May 12, 2006
I know were a mint 1979(?) RM 370 is. 850$. runs(loud) and did I mention fast? There is no way im getting on it while still wanting to play sports in highschool. I was wondering has anyone every had one?,rode one?, or know anything about these beasts? It is aircooled and non-monoshock but it looks brand new. No dents, rust, scrapes,etc. nice

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I don't think this bike runs faster than a modern 125. Take time to get used to the bike and climb the ladder slowly, meaning don't try to ride like the pros right away!

Good luck!

dales298

Mostly Useless
~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
It's a good bike for the time it was built, and parts are still available for them. I'd buy it, but that is my kind of thing. Big bikes have plenty of power on tap without any modifications and won't need engine rebuilds like smaller bikes do.

Dale

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Someone said:
Not as fast as a modern 125? LOL.

euh I meant 250! lol you'd need quite a fast 125!

But in a track a modern 125 would be faster if you consider corners and jumps. Of course it won't in a straight line!

treycop

Jul 15, 2006
Buy the beast !

You used just the right word... "beast". My buddy had one of those things and it was a blast. Broad, very hard hitting powerband with gobs of low end. Just remember, if you've grown up riding liquid-cooled two-stroke motocrossers, you're gonna find the suspension, um, how should I say this... virtually non-existent !!!!! Ditto with the brakes !!!!! Buy it, you'll love it, but give it cautious respect until you become accustomed to just how far it's ability to produce power outstrips the ability of the suspension and brakes to control that power. My buddy failed to do this, and his learning curve was consequently punctuated with a broken wrist and severely bruised ribs !!! However, once you get a feel for it, you'll find it to be an excellent trail bike, easy and fun to ride fast in the woods.

duke

Oct 9, 1999
Before selling the bike, if that becomes an option, check out some of the vintage MX web sites, like AHRMA.org and see what the price is of a nice, clean running RM370. You will find it to be more then what you paid for it. These bikes are much sought after machines by vintage/post vintage racers

Top Bottom