RM250 top end torque (head/cylinder)

BrianW

Nov 13, 2001
93 RM250 Torque Specs for head/cylinder

HELP - My manual didn't ship with my top end parts (backordered??) and I need to get my engine re-assembled for a ride this weekend - I need to know the head torque and the cylinder to case torque! The bike is a 1993 RM 250

Also - since you're here - I ordered all the parts to do the top end - I'm getting a little knock out of the top end like a bad small end bearing or piston pin. Anyone know how successful I'll be or if I should have ordered a rod... In other words does doing just the top end normally eliminate this noise???

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

- Brian

Last edited:

dirtbike59

Sponsoring Member
Oct 12, 2000
I know the head torque is 16 - 20 ft.-lbs
base torque is 26- 29 ft-lbs

about your knock check your air screw it should be about one turn out. that is what fixed the knock on my RMX and your bike and mine is almost the same.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Hard to say about the knock until you pull it apart. May be piston slap, who knows but look at cylinder to make sure it wasn't hitting the side. My 92 sounded like it was "loose" but when I pulled it apart, it was fine. Make sure you criss-cross when you tighten the bolts and tighten them a little at a time. Good luck.

Elk

Top Bottom