aaldape

Mar 18, 2007
Hey guys, I had a question that I was hoping some of you carb experts could shed some light on...

My 2000 rm250 has Keihin carbs (I thought that was stock) w/out any other real engine modifications besides a pipe/silencer. Runs well, needs to be jetted for a slightly higher altitude but thats about it (don't know much about carbs, so this will be my learning experience)

A 1999 CR250 I was looking at had the Keihin carbs (which I thought CR's came with Mikunis?). It also had a heavier fly wheel (good or bad), boysen power reed valve (does that sound right?) and typical pipe/silencer.

How would most of you compare those engines if they were in comparable shape? (I would rebuild the CR if I got it anyway). I don't know much about the engine mod's since I am new to the dirt side of riding... Thanks! :cool:

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
i know the carb on the rm is a 38 mm pwk power jet kehin and i think the honda has the same one. the rad valve is a good thing and so is the flywheel weight if it feels really jumpy off the bottom that weight will smooth out the hit.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom