tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
just added a new bike to my collection - a 2006 RM85 for my son. have a question about the top-bar on the handlebars. i think i bent it when transporting. i had to crank down the front suspension to fit in the back of my truck (w/ cap) and used a ratchet tiedown from front wheel to topbar to suck out a few inches of height. now there appears to be a small kink in the topbar :bang: (of course i never noticed if there was one in it initially, but don't think so). the welds to the handlebars look ok. question is, should i replace the handlebars?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
If the crossbar has a kink, replace the bars with a set of Renthal or Pro Taper SE's. If it's the stock bars they were going to need to be replaced ASAP anyway as they would bend if you looked at them funny.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
My '03 85 had the cheesiest stock bars I've ever seen.

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
Chili said:
If the crossbar has a kink, replace the bars with a set of Renthal or Pro Taper SE's. If it's the stock bars they were going to need to be replaced ASAP anyway as they would bend if you looked at them funny.

guess i have to agree - i can flex the bars with one hand...

guess i will do this when i add the new levers too -- kids spoiled with the asv levers and wants them on everything now... oh well, its my 2nd childhood too :cool:

moto guy

Apr 30, 2006
If it's the stock bars they were going to need to be replaced ASAP anyway as they would bend if you looked at them funny.[/QUOTE]

:rotfl: my CR85R E stock bars are pretty cheesy too. today at cooperland i took a little spill coming over a jump to fast and bent my bars a bit. im going to replace them with some renthal bars.

Top Bottom