zomiemama

Jun 8, 2009
I don't think there the same i went on Bike Bandit and it looks like they are different wheels. The part numbers didn't match at least. Someone else proboly have a better answer than me.

mxman2000

Jan 19, 2008
zomiemama said:
I don't think there the same i went on Bike Bandit and it looks like they are different wheels. The part numbers didn't match at least. Someone else proboly have a better answer than me.

Thx for the reply, I have also found a wheel to fit a RM125 05-08, does anyone know if this would fit an 01 250? I need a wheel soon, been so long since i have been out :(

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Short of trying the wheel, Suzuki makes it almost impossible to know for sure as they change part numbers all the time even if the part doesn't change. What is wrong with your current wheel that repairing it doesn't make sense?

mxman2000

Jan 19, 2008
Chili said:
Short of trying the wheel, Suzuki makes it almost impossible to know for sure as they change part numbers all the time even if the part doesn't change. What is wrong with your current wheel that repairing it doesn't make sense?

the hubs worn, so bearings dont fit. I spoke to someone who makes wheels etc and he says a sleave wont really do long term for the track. And the cheapest hub i can find to replace it is a talon one. So the cheapest option i have is to buy a second hand wheel.

i have been looking for ages though and all i can get atm is the two i mentioned,(rmz or rm 125)

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Wish I could give you a definitive answer, unfortunately intercompatibility is one of the reasons I had such a hard time buying an extra set of used wheels for practice for all our Zooks in the past. I sure am enjoying that aspect of our new KXF's, all big bike wheels are interchangeable.

Not sure what pricing you are finding the wheels for but you can get a new OEM Suzuki Hub from Service Honda for $191 for the rear and $154 for the front.

mxman2000

Jan 19, 2008
Would be greatful if anyone could tell me if the 125 wheel will fit within an hour because im watching a wheel but its running out and dont want to buy it and find it doesnt fit. :(

zomiemama

Jun 8, 2009
I think the best thing to do would be to go to the dealer and tell them your situation and they will be able to tell you if it is the same or not. Personally I would just put back what was there, but in the end its up to you.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
mxman2000 said:
Thx for the reply, I have also found a wheel to fit a RM125 05-08, does anyone know if this would fit an 01 250? I need a wheel soon, been so long since i have been out :(

honestly what do you think? 01 is not between the years of 05-08. so no

I dont know the earlier years on suzuki, they changed swingarm in 01. so probably like 99-00 or 01-04 something like that.

mxman2000

Jan 19, 2008
Still having a problem getting a wheel for this bike. Cheapest i can get one for so far is £330. Which is not cost effective for an 01 bike. Does anyone have any idea of what years will actually fit this bike and if the 125 equivelent will also fit.

thx

Top Bottom