KTM250RDR

Mar 27, 2002
Has anyone had a chance to try both of these stabilizers? I owned a Scotts 2 years ago before I got hurt so I know what to expect. I am looking for a new dampner,just have to decide which one. Thanks
Chris

Butterman

Mar 27, 2002
I have ridden both of these and prefer the Scotts mainly because of the separate high and low speed dampening circuit adjustments. I like to run my low speed backed off 10 clicks or so,this setting doesn't give that slowed reaction feeling while flicking right and left in slow speed sections. And I adjust the high speed dampening to 1-1.25 turns out to cancel headshake at speed.Also check out the new,optional low mount system that Scotts is offering,this gives you a full handlebar pad up top.
WDKcIERqSsxXusL.JPEG

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Do you think it would be more subseptable to damage with that mount or more likely to get something wedged in there?

Butterman

Mar 27, 2002
I think that damage to the rider during a crash is much more possible with the dampener acting as a handlebar pad than having it down in front of the # plate. This was a driving force behind the low mount.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom