gregy133

Feb 4, 2010
my crank on my 01 rm 125 went bad and sent bearing caseing up and now i have a small scratch on each side of my cylinder and two small chips on my intake ports so can i just hone it some and run it or do i need a new cylinder because i dont have money for a new one but dont want to wasts a new piston quickly

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
you have to repair the cylinder. i have run bikes with scratched cylinders BUT i prefer not to do it, just have no choice. one of them was the last race and the need for some points...
do what bob say and if it´s plated (the magnet don´t stick), have it replated.

gregy133

Feb 4, 2010
from what i see i dont think i have a sleeve in it and relooking at it from the shop it has two small chips on the top side of the intake ports and one visable scratch that you can feel with your finger buy my nail dont catch it im thinking im going to hit it with a scotch pad and get a piston and run it untill i get the money or find a cheaper cylinder around

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Yeah, you're just going to chew up a piston and ring. A replate is a couple hundred bucks and will save you the hundred or so to replace the piston again......

Top Bottom