CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
On my Suzuki and Yamaha, that had clamp on fork guard sliders, I just slid the seal savers under the clamp and used that to hold them in place. But on my KTM I had to use zip ties.

Here's a pic of the SS's on my 426.

Attachments

• SS.jpg
    SS.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 191

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
I've been thinkin about getting a pair, but i have a question.
Ive got conventional forks -w- the "accordian" fork boots.
Are the sealsavers better that the boots?
Seems to me (from the looks of 'em) that the boots would do a better job of keeping dust, mud, and such off the tubes and away from the seals.
My '82 500R has accordian boots and it's still on the originall seals! :yeehaw:

What's the benefit of sealsavers???
(besides looking cool.)

kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
The boots should do a better job than the seal savers. The boots tend to cover the slide area whereas the seal saver just wipe them off. Save your money.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
OnAnySunday said:
I've been thinkin about getting a pair, but i have a question.
Ive got conventional forks -w- the "accordian" fork boots.
Are the sealsavers better that the boots?
Seems to me (from the looks of 'em) that the boots would do a better job of keeping dust, mud, and such off the tubes and away from the seals.
My '82 500R has accordian boots and it's still on the originall seals! :yeehaw:

What's the benefit of sealsavers???
(besides looking cool.)

I took the boots off my DRZ and put Seal Savers on. Never had a seal leak. I did it more for apprearance though, instead of function.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I ride in West Texas and see a lot for "Prickly trees and catcus". Mine have been on for about 1 year and are pretty chewed up from the mesquite, so if you are in an area like mine you might watch for it, over all I think I will be getting another set soon.

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
kawdude said:
The boots should do a better job than the seal savers. The boots tend to cover the slide area whereas the seal saver just wipe them off.

On my old '99 300EXC with the conventional forks, the boots worked well until they got holes. Didn't have to be big holes, just enough that muddy grit could work its way in and down to the seals, then the leaking would start. I doubled up on SealSavers
and fork boots. Never had a leak after that.

kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
KaTooMer said:
the boots worked well until they got holes. Didn't have to be big holes, just enough that muddy grit could work its way in and down to the seals, then the leaking would start.

Agreed! One little hole in the rubber and the seals will be gone very soon. Good point. :thumb:

Top Bottom