MX175

~SPONSOR~
Aug 20, 2002
I just saw a link/ad for SealSaver. Does anyone have experience with them?

Mark
'80 kdx175
'85 kdx200
'88 kdx200
'81 xs850 special

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
I have not used them, but ordered a pair last week. Having my forks rebuilt as I type and will be installing the sealsavers when I reassemble. The field seems to have mixed reviews, but hey it sure can't hurt. One more layer of protection. I am having heavier dust wipers, shorter retainer springs, will grease between the wiper and seal, and install seasavers. Along with good maint. I hope all goes well.
Lew

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
LOL...I put them on and had a leaking seal on the first ride.

Wasn't anything to do with the seal savers though. Even after cleaning under the wiper prior to installing the seal savers, an earlier mud ride had evidently done it's damage. :ugg:

I like the seal savers though, easy to install and seem to work well. I recommend cleaning under them occasionally because mud will pack underneath the lower edge as the fork bottoms on inverted forks. The savers do prevent the mud from getting to the seals from what I've seen. :thumb:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i would've thought that they would be great at the dunes but judging from your responses, i guess not.

MX175

~SPONSOR~
Aug 20, 2002
Help, I can't find their website anymore. I saw a link on this website, but I can't find it anymore. Does anyone have an address?

Thanks for the help,
Mark

c&b745XX

~SPONSOR~
Nov 26, 2001
I'm going to get me a set , every mud race , seals leak . Hopefully the fealer gage cleaning trick will work in a pinch . I thought it was a Yamaha thing .I looked for the site , could'nt find it . Usually see seal saver advertisement on Racer X 's site .

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
In normal use i think its just like another dust seal, making more friction. But what do you think about using the long version with leg protection and instead of mouting the top of the seal on the top off the outer leg actually mount the top of the seal on the bottom off the outer leg and the bottom off the seal on the bottom of the inner leg. This way you will get a sealed system, shouldnt get any dirt in and no added friction. Should also be able to remove the dust seal which should remove some friction.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
MX175 said:
Help, I can't find their website anymore. I saw a link on this website, but I can't find it anymore. Does anyone have an address?

Thanks for the help,
Mark

www.sealsavers.com I have nothing but good to say about them. The red clay in Oklahoma is really hard on fork seals and I got a year out of my last set.
Jay, the only time I take my seal savers off is when I go to the dunes!

Top Bottom