Seat cover replacement options on old kdx ('88)

mcoker

Mar 18, 2003
I'm looking for a replacement seat cover for my '88 kdx 200 in black. My foam is fine, just the cover needs replacing, but I can't find one anywhere. Does anyone know of another bikes seat cover that will work? Someone posted a picture of their vintage KDX on here not long ago and they said they put an older model KX cover on their bike. Anyone know if that will work? if so, what year? thanks!!

Al Bouman

Jan 1, 2003
I couldn't find one either. I ended up dying my blue one for now until I could find a new one. I'll email you a pic if you want to see what your '88 will look like in black. I also changed the rear fender to an '86 KX fender and put on a number plate instead of the light. Send me an email at al.bouman@usflow.com and I will reply with the pic.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
You might check your local upholstery shops. Most, that I have dealt with, are not that expensive. Somewhere I heard convertible top fabric makes a good seat cover.

procircuit21

Nov 19, 2002
Go to denniskirk.com and order a free catalog. They have a whole crap load of seat covers for older KDX's (i got one for my '91 and they fit '89-'94)

mcoker

Mar 18, 2003
I've got the dennis kirk catalog, and they do have a seat cover for my bike!!! it's awesome, it's the first one I've found. But it's only in blue (stock) and I'm looking for one in black. I think I'm going to check out a kx500 seat cover (see if I can find one cheap on ebay or something, in case it doesn't fit I won't be out too much)

Top Bottom