slowone

Aug 4, 2006
I'll share some changes I learned of today while at the SOS office in regard to obtaining a plate for an ORV converted for street licensing. In the past I was able to obtain my plate at the time I applied for my new on road vehicle title. Now, in order to get the plate you must wait for the new title information to be updated in the State of Michigan system so it shows your VIN number as a registerable number. This is all done electronically. In the past it was done "off-line" so the SOS employee was able to create a temporary registration at the same time you applied for the new title. They are not able to do this now so you must wait for the new title "update". I guess the moral of the story is don't procrastinate with your paperwork until you want to go riding or you may delay your fun. :bang:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Yep, been there done that. The change you speak of forced me to make an extra trip to the SOS office recently. Luckily, they give you a “hall pass” so you can go to the front of the line when you return to pick up your plate.

Your tax dollars at work…………..

Top Bottom