trailryder

Oct 1, 2004
I'm going to buy a new KDX in the next couple of months. I once owned a 96 kdx. One thing that I didn't like/thought needed a fix was the slop that developed with the rear brake pedal. Has anyone come up with a fix for this ??? I entertained the thoughts of drilling the pedel oversized and installing a bronze bushing...but this diddn't address the crude mounting stud welded to the frame.I'm wondering what others have done to fix this issue. Thanks. Joey

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
I fixed it completely - installed an EFM auto clutch, and a rear hand brake in place of the clutch lever.

Brake pedal is in the junk box ;)

Phil

karlp

Nov 13, 2001
I have an '02 and while it is not excessively sloppy, it is getting there. I find two issues - the pivot and the linkage from the back of the lever to the MC. I guess there isn't much you can do about the travel needed in the MC, bleeding frequently keeps it pretty tight.
I don't know how to fix up that pivot point short of cutting the stud off the frame and replacing it with something else. I'm with trailryder on this, I like to feel no slop

trailryder

Oct 1, 2004
Maybe mine (a 96' kdx) was somewhat of an isolated problem then...I rode midalantic slop.. If I remember right my 99 200 exc had sealed bearings in the brake lever.. Thanks for the timely replies. Joey

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I fixed mine by completely ignoring it. ;)

It's not going anywhere....meaning, the slop isn't going to have the thing falling off the bike.

dixie

Feb 22, 2003
Here's a quick fix mine a 95 develope a very bad slop, get some stanless steel works the best shims cut to fit the bore and grease, if slop developes again reshim. I was at a race a few years ago and a guy made a sleve and bearing setup like the KTM it can be done. I have become lazy and use shims instead.

Top Bottom