Skid Jackson

Nov 1, 2000
Anyone have any experiece with these. I ride with glasses and when it gets hot fogged vision is a fact of life. the only thing that works is pulling the goggles off. this ain't bad if your by yourself but can be dangerous if theres someone in front of you!!

Can you use a quick strap with these??

Does the fan blow dust in your face in dusty conditions???

It looks like the fan sucks air in from the top, if so couldn't the inlet get blocked if the goggles go up tight to your helmet foam???

Not into contacts in the dirt, and don't have any intentionof getting my eyeballs lasered!!

thanks

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
I dont know about the goggles for dirtbiking, but they work wonders for snowboarding/skiing. I would also wonder about the dust being just fanned inside of the goggle, unless there is some sort of filter for the fan.

tigerowner

Mar 3, 2002
I am also interested in these goggles, I read a good endorsement on off-road.com in their fog prevention article. They said the Turbo goggles with a fog cloth are the ultimate in fog protection. Saw them on MAW for $89 + 4% + shipping, $129 on Dennis Kirk (ouch). Anyone else have opinions???????

old#48

Jun 17, 2002
Don't know about the turbos, but in that "Hot Weather Riding Tips" article in the July '02 Dirt Rider (pg 108), they show some Oakley Enduro goggles (pg 118) that looked ok. Haven't really looked that close at the article yet, but I don't think they say very much about them. Might be worth checking out on Oakley's website, though.

Last edited:

cjKTM

Nov 28, 1999
I've used them for a couple of years and they are the only sure fire answer to that fogging problem. If you don't need the fan just reach up and turn it off. I don't understand why they aren't more popular. I considered them a requirement when I wore glasses after trying just about everything including Pro-Vues. I did the laser surgery last year but still use the turbos when the weather is bad.

Skid Jackson

Nov 1, 2000
Damn shoulda check back sooner!!
i picked up a set of scott turbo flows, no fan just lots of ventilation & a dual lense. if they don't cut it i'll go the smith route.

For the record i called smith and talk w/someone in customer service. The fan sucks the air out it does not blow it in. therefore dust "shouldn't" be a problem.

Top Bottom