splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
Just out of curiosity I was wondering if anyones doing the Smuggler run this weekend at Capitol Forest?

Steve

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
I might, I'll have to see how things work out. My preference is to do the two days of the Little bear and Black Bear enduro the following weekend. I'll ride on sunday the 24th for sure.

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
I'll be out on sat. I'll be driving a blue 85 Chev pu with a white YZ250 and a RM250.

Canook

Aug 5, 2002
I would like to participate, but I was wondering if they are allowing any late sign ups on the day of the event. And what all do you need to participate? I have an ORV tag, S.A ect.
Thanks, Canook

pat567

Oct 26, 2002
I believe Glen,Jeff and I are going-we'll be looking for you.I drive a 99 red astro van(trailering a sx400)and glen drives a blue chev s10(wr 450).

Canook

Aug 5, 2002
I'm in!!
I called T.T.C, and their message said entry was at 7:00, so I'm assuming I can sign up then. I'm pumped, I am new to the area, and I have yet to ride a poker run. Anyways I'll see you guys there-I'll be in a black explorer with a black Rm250 on the hitch carrier.Looking forward to meeting you WA guys there
Take Care, Canook

WA-Rider

Apr 15, 2003
Ok guys,

Fill me in, returning from a 2 week break with family. What's the story with this poker run? Teams? Cost? Where you guys meeting up at? I have room for another if someone wants to ride with me?

Let me know, going to work on the bike all day tomorrow and hopefully tackle the valve job. Pat, I might need some help!

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
Smuggler is a huge poker run. They run out of the Trail Cruisers compound which is near the Middle Waddel trail head. They have a huge amount of give away prizes and a huge amount of entrants. Expect around 500 of your best pals each day. They assign start minutes and you line up in order of your minute. Go early if you don't like to follow quads.

The Cruisers do a huge amount of trail maintenance at Capitol, BTW. :thumb:

do I get the prize for using the word huge at least once in each sentence?

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
All of these poker runs run one way. Some bozo unsuspecting folks may choose to ride the wrong way but will soon regret their mistake. The long loop was more than 50 miles last year. Non competitive, big ride. You will frustrate yourself if you try to ride at a normal trail pace, you will be slowed down by the other riders.

WA-Rider

Apr 15, 2003
50+miles eh, hmm

I might need to pick up a few fuel canisters to strap on the bike, would be fun to do the big loop! Is it timed? I'm new to these poker runs and any other organized event so If you could fill in this newbee guy before he asks all the dumb questions I would appreciate it!

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
1) go to the event site.
2) Sign up
3) suit up and unload your bike
4)mosey over to the start area so they can check your tags and noise level
5) ride at your own pace but don't run over kids and grandma's
6) stop at the checks to draw your cards and get your ticket punched
7) get back to the truck and complain about the lousey luck you have
8) Ride the loop again and help out the kids and grandma's you didn't run over the first time
9) fire up the barbeque and offer a burnt sacrifice on a bun of some sort while you sip a brewski and wait for the awards and door prizes.
10) bring plenty of beer in case we find you and want to visit.
11) make plans to do it again on Sunday

That should about cover it! Did I leave anything out, Mace?

By the way. Invest in an watch and roll chart holder of some sort so you can ride the beginner enduro the next saturday. It's quality event and a great experience. I'll be there and I'd love to help you out with time keeping. Mx bikes are ok since the milage will be marked so you won't need an odo just a watch and a chart holder. The speed averages are moderate so no need to sweat it if you aren't national caliber stuff.

Last edited:

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
Thanks FH, that's what I was trying to say. As for trail direction, I've heeerd that even three wheeler's get the message after they encounter 200 riders going WFO.

Canook

Aug 5, 2002
Sounds like we'll have a good turnout of DRN'ers, what all do we need to bring? I assume they are just plain old playing cards, and the card that gets punches is small as well, so we could just carry them in a waist pouch, or something to that effect?I'm hoping I won't need to buy some leather saddle bags, or pull a gold-wing trailer(not funny- I know:) Anyways can't wait until tomorrow.
Take Care, Canook

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
I'm not sure about that, Mace. I don't think the kwads get the idea until they are run over at least 300 times.

I forgot to add bring a trail bar in case you get lost. ;) If it gets real clear you are probably on the wrong trail.

WA-Rider

Apr 15, 2003
My fingers feel like there going to rip shrivel up and fall off! I did a wrap up review over on ktmtalk in the NW forum. Thanks guys, that was a blast! Whos up for doing the begginer enduro next weekend?

pat567

Oct 26, 2002
we did the long course.those dang bridges were SLICK.

splatt were did you park at?
what time were you let out?
we were looking for you and canook but didnt see either of you.

fish,Im not set for enduro and Im gonna take tory and cody play ridding at tahuya

did I mention im SORE--crashed 4 times--dang bridges

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
I fell off two of those darn bridges at an enduro earlier this year. Why is it that I always fall to the downhill side making it difficult to get back up?

Top Bottom