• 21. David Pingree (Suz)
  • 22. Mike Brown (Kaw)
  • 23. Levi Reid (Suz)
  • 24. Shane Bess (Suz)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
250 -- Moto one -- RC first, Ferry 2nd, Dowdy 3rd and closing . . .

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Yeehaw!  Dowdy makes the pass!

250cc Moto 1 Results (Unofficial):
  • 1. Ricky Carmichael (Hon)
  • 2. John Dowd (KTM)
  • 3. Tim Ferry (Yam)
  • 4. Kevin Windham (Hon)
  • 5. Mike Larocco (Hon)
  • 6. Doug Henry (Yam)
  • 7. Chad Reed (Yam)
  • 8. Ernesto Fonseca (Hon)
  • 9. Nate Ramsey (Hon)
  • 10. Joaquim Rodrigues (KTM)
  • 11. Ezra Lusk (Kaw)
  • 12. Keith S. Johnson (KTM)
  • 13. Larry Ward (Hon)
  • 14. Bobby Bonds (Kaw)
  • 15. Nick Wey (Yam)
  • 16. Damien Plotts (Hon)
  • 17. Clark Stiles (Hon)
  • 18. David Vuillemin (Yam)
  • 19. Kyle Lewis (Hon)
  • 20. Blair Morgan (Yam)

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Good for the Aussies!!! Byrne and Anderson are kicking serious ass. Sand in Australia? Yeah, maybe Perth/west coast. What the? That's great. You can tell who've got rides for next year--ever since Byrne landed with Kawi, and Lusk fell out, the results have spoken for themselves.

How about Hughes literally breaking his leg in moto 1, and not only finishing moto 1, but riding moto 2 now. :cool:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Byrne just went down. :ugg:

padrutt199

May 22, 2001
How about Hughes literally breaking his leg in moto 1, and not only finishing moto 1, but riding moto 2 now. :cool: [/B][/QUOTE]
no way thats crazy

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Moto 2 (unnoficial)

1. Craig Anderson -- first-ever moto and overall
  2. Sellards
  3. Brown
  4. Byrne
  5. Short
  6. Boniface
  7. Langston
  8. Mertens
  9. Lamson
  10. Treadwell
  11. Lorusso
  12. Mills
  13. Kelly Smith
  14. Roncada
  15. Kiniry
  16. Hughes - racing with a broken leg!
  17. Pingree
  18. Brandes
  19. Lalloz
  20. Metcalfe
  21. Reid
  22. Hurley
  23. Weigand
  24. Carsten
  25. Bess

Last edited:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Sounds like the race for 2nd was the best of the day

Unnoficial results:
  1. Ricky Carmichael
  2. Kevin Windham
  3. Johns Dowd
  4. Mike Larocco
  5. Chad Reed
  6. Tim Ferry
  7. Ernesto Fonseca
  8. David Vuillemin
  9. Nate Ramsey
  10. Larry Ward
  11. Nick Wey
  12. Ezra Lusk
  13. Keith S. Johnson
  14. Clark Stiles
  15. Blair Morgan
  16. Kyle Lewis
  17. Damien Plotts
  18. Bruce Stratton
  19. Ted Campbell

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
What a great day!
The weather couldn't have been better, and the racing was excellent.
Kudos to Moto338 for the upgrades to the track. It is now very spectator friendly.
I was bummed to see Henry go down in the 2nd moto, but Dowd made up for it with a brilliant showing.
I missed not seeing James Stewart there. :( but I'd rather see him get back to 100% than riding hurt.
As an added bonus, I took the Mrs. to her first National. She claims she liked it. Shoulda seen her face when the gates dropped and she watched(and heard) the race to the first corner :yeehaw:

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Way to go Ando in the 125's. Hopefully these results are not a one off for Craig Anderson and Michael Byrne.

Reed just doesn't seem to be cutting it in the outdoors at the moment. Besides Ricky and Chad, was anyone else in the top 6 riding a 2 stroke? Maybe Reed should jump on a 4 stroke like he did at the Motocross des nations.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Originally posted by TheGrinch
Reed just doesn't seem to be cutting it in the outdoors at the moment.
I wouldn't knock the guy just yet. I still think for a rookie season on the outdoor circuit he's doing pretty well. :thumb: The guys hes running against aren't exactly newbies to the game. Ricky(do I really need to state any numbers? :) ), Windham has several outdoor moto/overall wins to his name, Ferry's been in the game since 94'(at least?), and we won't even point out how much track time Dowdy has. :eek: All in all I think Chad is putting on an excellent year. Go Aussie!!

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
It would be easy to just let it go, but reading one of the mags had an interview with reed and his comment's were a little brash. i am not knocking his abilities but he let his mouth run a little faster than his bike...er brain. He comment was that no one could touch him or Ricky now. he ran in the top 10 at southwick but not on the same pace as the OLD guys.
But Kudos to the Aussies esp in the 125 class. We better put up or shut up as Americans! Sellards had a great 2nd moto but Boniface was 4th until a mishap near the end of the moto...could of been a furriner rout!
Langston race up to top 10 with a missing fender the 2nd moto...also tangled with brown at the start of the 1st moto, both were down with locked together for "ever" before they got going.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
94ruck,
I have to agree w/the comment about Reeds comments. He does seem to get a little overly cocky at times. I never minded hearing it from Mc as he could always back it up, RC usually does a pretty good job of walking the walk as well as talking the talk, but I agree if Chad is gonna make comments he better be ready to back them up. I like Reed, but I have to admit I was laughing my butt off last yr. when Bubba LET him by just to pass him back again. Very great stuff!! :thumb:

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
I always hear that Reeds riding style is similar to MC's. MC himself quit racing outdoors because he wasnt fast enough, even though he was still quite competetive indoors. Its two entirely different types of riding.

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
I don't like Reed very much. I think a lot of it kinda hangs from watching him and Bubba in the 125s last summer. Bubba's a far better rider than Reed. I mean, c'mon...he was putting up lap times on his 125 during the SX season that he could possibly PODIUM with in the 250s...that's talent :thumb:.

I miss watching Pastrana race. I hope that he's able to race next season...I know that Pastrana can beat RC, he just has to stay healthy and stay alert!

Top Bottom