zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Yeah, I too would love to see a Season-Healthy Travis effort against RC, even if he couldnt beat him, it would be so awesome. But the Suzuki curse still lingers (Hamblin blown knee) so who knows if we will ever see that happen....I also like Reed alot, and I know he talks some smack when he is winning, but it appears he quiet when he doesnt do as well. Some of these guys are still pretty young and probably get excited once they get some momentum...
Anyway, what about Grant? Right before the Outdoors started, he dropped down to the 125's when Bubba go hurt and alot of us were like "what, is he cherry pickin now, is he only dropping down because he has a legit shot at winning because Bubba not there?"... I know there is still alot of season left and Grant could very well win the title now that Ryno is banged up, but he sure isnt setting the class on fire, has he even won a moto yet?

Budda

May 24, 2000
My first impression at this years' national at Southwick was 'WOW'...they have really improved the facility from previous years. I've been lucky enough to be in the Parts Unlimited tent for the previous layout and for the new layout, and the difference between the two, as far as spectating, is huge. You can now see much more racing than before, and the new section in the back has a big, awesome sweeping turn.
During Sunday practice, I saw Hamblin RAIL the outside of that new sweeper wide open! Didn't see anyone else do that. One of my favorite things to see at the nationals is the pros railing the outside of turns wide open, just a thing of beauty.
The second 125 moto was great, with the two Aussies and Sellards going back and forth. 250's were a little tamer, but it was great to Windham out there again.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Strange constellation of leaders in the 125 class. If you were to try to postulate that it had something to do with the bike and terrain, what does a CR125 have in common with 2 YOT thumpers? Is Byrne otherwise just real fast in the sand? I didn't know that. Brown apparently was 'clearly the fastest guy out there' in the 2nd moto, after falling the first lap. Henry and Dowd lived up to their Southwick hype, but couldn't even get CLOSE to RC. What a surprise. The rest of the 250 field slept or fell, except Ferry. Lusk is still riding around with no inspiration, and that full on 85% effort. Strange. Windham slipped a bit, but again--no surprise. I agree with Hannah--100%. Amongst other things, he said something like "when I was riding, the 13th place guy didn't make 200 grand, he flipped burgers" or something to that effect.

There's only 1 rider that's at the front of the pack every damn time, and it's the only one out there that cares.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Re: Pastrana beating RC - that seems like wishful thinking to me.  TP has never won a 250 national or SX and odds are he never will.   He's awesome in the whoops, but even without his injuries he would not be consistantly running with RC.  

zcookie49 - Langston has a wrist injury and has been riding hurt.  He's still in the title hunt if he gets healthy soon.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Originally posted by nephron
<snip>Henry and Dowd lived up to their Southwick hype, but couldn't even get CLOSE to RC. What a surprise.

Henry battled with and passed Carmichael in the first moto. Carmichael got by him later obviously but just like last year, Henry showed that he still has the speed to pass the "best rider in the world."

What's going on with Ezra Lusk? He didn't even break into the top ten in either moto. I've always been a Lusk fan but I can't believe how mediocre he is doing. It reminds me of Damon Huffman. :|

Top Bottom