MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Sparta, KY on Sunday the 24th (report)

Well since it's raining like %@#@! we're going tomorrow instead of today. Has anyone ridden at the Sparta Off-Road Park yet that cares to share ?

I belive this is the same place the GNCC race was this year in Sparta. It's only an hour 15 from my house. I've been given one great ride report from a bud that tells me it's not all rutted up and the folks actually take good care of the place.

Anyone else interested ? I'll be there with my father and his DR and my son on his PW tomorrow. Look for the green Excursion w/red trailer. :D

Gotta love 70 degrees in November :D

Last edited:

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
will do, that'd only be about 3 hours drive time and it takes us that to get to Wanye near yall. I hear it's nice, way better than Haspin Acres (which is crap) I'll report back when I see it first hand.

Found this on the web somewhere:
sparta *** park 1500 acres of off-road riding for *** & dirtbikes $15.00 per day open saturday & sunday and all 3-day weekends. weekdays for 10 or more (call first). No alcoholic beverages , helments required, one rider per bike no 3 wheelers location :exit 57 off I71 north on hwy.35 past the kentucky speedway 3 miles on left . or off us 42 south on hwy 35 3 miles on right. sparta *** park po box 42 sparta ky 41086 phone# 859-643-3000 859-393-3133

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
I have riddin at sparta. All I can say is it is a really nice park. when you get there, there is like an old camper thing where you fill out forms and what not. Most of the trails are somewhat short. Although they have probably made it better since the first time they opened and we were there. It gets REALLY dusty too. It over looks the speedway and it was were the GNCC was raced

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
err forget that last post. Today was I think THE hardest 12 miles I've ever ridden in my life. It rained yesterday, not a lot but most of the day. The place was like SNOT, GREASY, SLIPPERY SNOT. Not a flat trail in the place. Everything is off-camber :/

We were able to spend a little time on thier MX track but the woods were a wash today. My son couldn't go anywhere at all (but then again PW's don't have the best tires). Both my father and I struggled with the greasy conditions. 12 miles and we both ended on our asses a couple times from washouts. (man I hate days like this). None the less it beat working, or staying home and messing with christmas lights.

As for driving from Columbus. Perhaps on a dry day. We didn't see 80% of the place. It's 1500 acres. At least one loop (the GNCC loop) is 12 miles. There seemed to be a lot of off-shoots and good trails (what I saw of them). It looked like a hell of a lot of fun when it's dry.

MD

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
It was fairly sloppy too but dried out rather quickly. It's not REAL wide. As wide as that thing they call a track at Happy Hollow. Narrow in sections, the 4 wheelers were single file for the most part but they could pass. Some decent jumps, couple doubles, a hairy down hillish tripple, but again today was not a good day to ride like a hero even on the track.

As you pull into the parking lot (snack trailer to your left) the track is straight ahead to the right. Again not a huge track but if you're close might not be a bad place to practice. I snapped a photo of it and will see if I can get it on later.

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Here's the photo.

Can't really make out the jumps from here It was pretty far away.

Attachments

• sparta_trac2.jpg
    sparta_trac2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 185

MojoMadness

Oct 25, 2001
Sparta

Where else do you ride? I hear that there is a place over by Lexington, KY. Ever been there?

I'm in Louisville and am considering getting a bike. Need to find out more on where to go.

Thanks for any info.

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Yes there are lots of GREAT places in KY.

Livingston is LARGE and wide in areas. Draws just about everything from Jeeps to Trucks to you name it. Visit there on a holiday weekend and you'll see stuff you've never seen before. It's also very sandy which is hard on your bike.

There are other places too all throughout the Daniel Boon National forest.

Berea, KY has a couple nice rides. S-Tree and others.

These places are fairly well maintained and they are not nearly as anal as riding places in Ohio. No passes are needed for any of the public places, just show up, ride and behave :D

There are some links on my site below that might help you find some info.

-MD

MojoMadness

Oct 25, 2001
MD,

Thanks for the info. I have been away from riding for quite a while and i'm looking forward to jumping back in.

I plan to pickup a new KDX220 before the Spring.

Top Bottom