2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
450 Podium:

1- Villapoto
2- Dungey
3- Stewert

Stewart rode with self control and big speed (fastest lap time) but a bad start hurt his results.

Dungey again showed maturity and speed with his results and was catching a run-away Villy at about 1/2 sec per lap, but ran out of time.

Villapoto's start was great and he was steady and consistent, but his lap times will need improvement. Great results for a guy coming off some serious injuries and a lot of down-time.

May turn out to be an exciting season! :cool:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
And Canard was a solid 4th, though a litle down on speed compared to the top 3. Reed for 5th.

JBS was riding great last night, but I still like Dungey, Villopoto and Canard for top 3 at the end of the year.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Ivan was a pleasant surprise, then faded fast. Canard held his own. Reed rode way better than I expected. Bubba had some sketchy moments, and a few times had unbelievable speed, again. And the lites raced also!!!! Tickle needs more training. I will watch Craig closer next race. Awesome start to the season, and no big casualties! Vintage Bob

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
That was worth staying up for! Hopefully everyone stays healthy, could be a great season. :cool:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Canard had to go through the LCQ and had a horrible gate pick in the main. I think he will be right there with RV, RD, and JBS next week.

I'm getting a good vibe about this season. Four legitimate threats for the title, and Reed could manage a few podiums and be a spoiler.

Tedesco showed some excellent speed and starts. Not sure if the AMA will want a word with him about that heat race incident with JBS - that was pretty blatant.

SMMWest

Mod Ban
Dec 7, 2008
Congratulations to Ryan Villapoto for coming back from what would of ended most racers careers and landing a win in his first race back. That is Amazing.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Good racing, I think the championship will end in the same order.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Vill O poto.

Felt bad for Christian Craig, at this time last year no one knew if he would walk again, would have liked to have seen Hansen get by him without putting him on the ground so the kid could get a decent result first race back.

I'm a big Dungey fan but if anyone is going to beat Stewart for the title this year I believe it will be RV. He's training with Aldon Baker now and is racing at 155 now from just over 180 last year. Mike Fisher was saying in an interview between Ryan and his bike the combo is 32 pounds lighter than A1 last year.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
That was a great opener. looking forward to a great season. I've got my fingers crossed that they will all stay healthy and be able to entertain me all season.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Chili said:
Felt bad for Christian Craig

X2.

Kid had to go to the LCQ, was holding a transfer spot before the red flag, then had to earn it again.

I was happy to see him get a reasonably good start in the main, then dismayed to see him get parked by Hansen. I can't really blame Hansen too much for a rough pass, but Craig getting stuck was a bad deal.

Craig looked raw and a little tight, but you can see he's got potential.

Is he any relation to former factory rider Michael Craig?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
This is where the kid was less than a year ago. Vurbmoto video:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bRZ2HP725Os?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bRZ2HP725Os?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Looks to me like Bubba is growing up. He is the odds-on favorite to win the title, IMHO.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Seems the biggest surprise of the night to me was the "growth" of RC :)
Felt bad for Craig...Hansen roughed him up a little, but Craig leaned in quite a bit too. Just racing. Pretty sweet start for the season...

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Felt bad for Craig...Hansen roughed him up a little, but Craig leaned in quite a bit too. Just racing. Pretty sweet start for the season...

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
dirt bike dave said:
Canard had to go through the LCQ and had a horrible gate pick in the main. I think he will be right there with RV, RD, and JBS next week.

Canard was solid. Once JBS caught and passed him, Trey managed to at least stay in the camera shot for most of the remainder of the race.... so I don't think his speed is too far off. Granted, I think JBS might have backed it off a little when he realized he didn't have time to catch Dungey.

It is nice to see that there are 5 legit title contenders this year. JBS is still the fastest guy out there, but the gap isn't as big as it has been in years past. Before, JBS could crash... get up... pass the entire field except RC and finish 2nd. Now he is going to have to get a good start and ride nearly mistake free to get the win.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I sure thought the 5 show Bubbles marathon was going to lead up to the show where he gets released from the doctor? Did I miss something, besides Sorby is a leach, as bad as Big Bubba, pooorrrr baby! "I gotta water the track, WHAAAAAAAAA!" "And Malcom, you suck!" What a bunch of characters?

SMMWest

Mod Ban
Dec 7, 2008
YamaB said:
Canard was solid. Once JBS caught and passed him, Trey managed to at least stay in the camera shot for most of the remainder of the race.... so I don't think his speed is too far off. Granted, I think JBS might have backed it off a little when he realized he didn't have time to catch Dungey.

It is nice to see that there are 5 legit title contenders this year. JBS is still the fastest guy out there, but the gap isn't as big as it has been in years past. Before, JBS could crash... get up... pass the entire field except RC and finish 2nd. Now he is going to have to get a good start and ride nearly mistake free to get the win.

Excellent post. You hit the nail on the head in every aspect of this post. Huge Thumbs Up. :cool:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Wolf said:

Looks like he has rediscovered cheeseburgers. :nod:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom