robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
I overjumped a double on a new practice track last night at my friend's house. Not a real big double, but the track builder is a former "A" class national champ on quads, so he built his jumps and whoops with steep faces - thus, I was pretty high. Flat landed slightly nose down, bottomed the forks and hurt my throttle wrist.

Didn't feel too bad at first, but after 10 minutes I couldn't do anything but ride on flat ground.

Even after ice and ibuprofen repeatedly, I can't move it very far. Most of the pain is on the inner part of the wrist right behind the thumb in that little indentation between the bones.

Anyone tried any home remedies/homeopathic stuff? I see good things about "Arnica" and "Rhus Tox".

Thanks

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Time.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Okiewan said:

I'm scheduled to take another bar exam on the 25th-27th and I'll have to write for about 15 hours over those three days. Thus, I've got to get a LOT better in a week or I lose $325 and 6 months.

Typing isn't too painful (thankfully), but they don't let you take it on a computer.

JohnStarry

Jul 18, 2006
i did the same thing to my wrist and all i can tell you is its been two months and the pian isnt as bad but is still existant. nothing will help but time. youve proly pinched a nerve if the pain doesnt fully go away

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
i am not easy on my body, even when healing, i reinjured mine twice riding(numerous tweaks) , once slamming a car door and numerous tweaks while working. it still bothers me a year later. i guess i could have lived on welfare in the basement til it healed completely but i pushed it and still do. i even got helmetcam footage from log road raceway wearing a splint :coocoo:

JKOBD

Jul 10, 2006
I faced into a double back in '04 and thought nothing of it. Wrist started to hurt horrible about 1hr after wards and turned out that I broke the bone that controls your grip. One of the hardest and most time consuming bones to heal. I was in a cast for almost 2 months. Get some x-rays if it still hurts in a week or so. Hopefully in your case its just a sprain though. GL.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
robwbright said:
Typing isn't too painful (thankfully), but they don't let you take it on a computer.

A little late to tell you this, but a lot of states will let you take the essay portion on a non-memory (old) typewriter. I ran out of ribbon halfway through and spent my lunch panicked running around a strange downtown to find an office supply store. How do you feel about the test?? I hated the multistate. A lot.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
ellandoh said:
i am not easy on my body, even when healing, i reinjured mine twice riding(numerous tweaks) , once slamming a car door and numerous tweaks while working. it still bothers me a year later. i guess i could have lived on welfare in the basement til it healed completely but i pushed it and still do. i even got helmetcam footage from log road raceway wearing a splint :coocoo:

I'm not easy on my body either - although I'm being more careful in my old age. ;) I once got a concussion in a flag football game and played again two days later - I got hit in the head by another guy's head in that game as well . . . tore his ear half off his head. :ohmy:

I've played soccer and basketball on badly sprained ankles, and continued limping through a soccer match after nearly getting my knee destroyed by a 230 pound guy who ran over me. Ended up as a partial tear of the ACL.

This injury has been annoying because most of my riding buddies are new friends who don't know my prior sports history and have been trying to get me on the track and calling me a wuss for not riding. I just haven't had the strength in my hand to grip the bars hard enough to hang on through whoops and such. I can jump doubles, but any sort of bump/whoop is very painful.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
JKOBD said:
I faced into a double back in '04 and thought nothing of it. Wrist started to hurt horrible about 1hr after wards and turned out that I broke the bone that controls your grip. One of the hardest and most time consuming bones to heal. I was in a cast for almost 2 months. Get some x-rays if it still hurts in a week or so. Hopefully in your case its just a sprain though. GL.

Had 4 x-rays at the chiro (I love the guy - he charged me $25 for 4 x-rays, ultrasound and treatment).

Unfortunately, 3 of the x-rays were so dark they were almost unreadable. The one showing the inside of my wrist right behind the thumb appeared to show a clean break. The others taken from the top of the wrist, although too dark to be very clear, didn't seem to show a break.

Chiro was skeptical that it is a break since the ultrasound machine didn't cause me a lot of pain.

Judging from the speed of improvement, I hope to be on the bike next Wednesday at practice - the county fair race is the following Saturday - biggest race of the year. I don't think it will be completely better by then, but good enough, I hope.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
2strokerfun said:
A little late to tell you this, but a lot of states will let you take the essay portion on a non-memory (old) typewriter. I ran out of ribbon halfway through and spent my lunch panicked running around a strange downtown to find an office supply store. How do you feel about the test?? I hated the multistate. A lot.

Don't think Ohio permits that. They did let the February people take it on laptops, but not us in July.

I HATE the multi-state. It's the reason I had so much trouble with West Virginia before finally passing it.

It was funny at the Ohio Bar last week - I was seated with another attorney - from Michigan. The corporations essay was wierd - after it was over, we started talking about it and neither of us even knew the terms they were using in the fact pattern. Something about dissenting shareholder rights, etc. . .

Strange -2 licenced attorneys and they come up with a question that neither of us know anything about. . .

I looked it up after getting home and I pretty much guessed right. . . Should get at least 4 out of 7 points there, if not more.

wetrat

Jul 22, 2006
acupuncture is an awsome cure all to fast recovery time
seven years ago i blew out my left pcl and mcl
(postterior cruciate and medialcolateral ligaments) in my left knee
after a month of pt and 4 acupunture sessions i was snowboarding again.
just give it a shot, a 1hour session usally runs 80 to 120 and is worth every penny

HotSeat

Apr 6, 2006
I have had a "sprained" wrist for about a year. If i relax and stuff it is fine, but as soon as i start doing something physical (working out, riding, work) it comes back. I just ignore it.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
HotSeat said:
I have had a "sprained" wrist for about a year. If i relax and stuff it is fine, but as soon as i start doing something physical (working out, riding, work) it comes back. I just ignore it.

I'm about to that point. It's 75% better and the biggest race of the year is on Saturday. I'm going to go to practice on Tuesday or Wednesday and see what I can do. I really want to race on the weekend because I missed that race last year with bike trouble.

Top Bottom