Cheater

Aug 15, 2006
I have been on the St. helen trails, but we parked at the denton trails, and didn't have enough gas to check out the whole trail. Is the eastern half of the trail pretty much the same as the west? I know that the gladwin trails were completely diffrent on opposite sides of 61. How is the scamble area? The scramble area is probaly where we are going to be parking.

Steamfighter

Aug 20, 2006
I'm thinking it is, I was just there but it was my first time and I was not leading due to the fact I never knew where I was most of the time. Lot's of whoops, to hard on a old dude like me, can't see going back.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
The trails south (or west) of I-75, which are St Helen #2 and #3 are used less than St Helen #1 and the surrounding Motorsports area. They are decent trails, on the tighter side for a lot of them. The MCCCT from St Helen to Ogemaw Hills is decent with a couple technical (for ORV trail) hill climbs.

Cheater

Aug 15, 2006
I couldn't find any maps on the ST. Helen trails that I was on. On the denton trails you ran across map quite often. Didn't see any maps on the gladwin trails either. Maps really help when you don't know the trails, and your limited on gas.

Cheater

Aug 15, 2006
Steamfighter said:
I'm thinking it is, I was just there but it was my first time and I was not leading due to the fact I never knew where I was most of the time. Lot's of whoops, to hard on a old dude like me, can't see going back.

Ther was alot of whoops? Try the Gladwin trails south of 61. Nothing but whoops, every now and then you will get a break for about 30'. And it is all sand. We parked at the denton trails on waco rd off of 18, the St.helen trails are about a half a mile away. I didn't see hardly any whoops on that part of the trails. We were flying through them in fifth gear. The denton trails were sweet too, not as fast, real tight riding.

Cheater

Aug 15, 2006

Cheater

Aug 15, 2006
On the map, it says there is a "scramble area" right next to the parking area. Is there anything cool in the scramble area?

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Nothing cool to speak of in the scramble area. The parking lot is actually "in" the scramble area, just on one corner. You can ride unmarked trail in there, just be alert for the boundary, so when you leave you don't get another ticket for riding in a closed area.

As for the You are Here maps. A GPS will do even better as it will show where you are, where you were and how to get back..

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
2TrakR said:
As for the You are Here maps. A GPS will do even better as it will show where you are, where you were and how to get back..

Here Here....I love my gps :cool:

Top Bottom