BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The cylinder has nickasil damage. The main bearings are toast, piston is toast. I haven't talked to Eric yet to know whether or not I can sleave the cylinder and go back to a stock bore. $200 bucks to re-nickasil versus $200 dollars to sleave(if possible). $150 for big-bore piston vs. $125 for stock. The crank is in good shape. No way to have it by next weekend. I just bought a truck so bucks are tight the next 30 days or so. I'm not sure I will be able to race anymore this season. I appreciate the offer on the bike but I would hate to toast it. I may try to unload the KTM that is quite dust covered and runs backwards. I am very bummed out with all of this. Some of the grieving is catching up with me as well. I just gotta think about it all :think:.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
It could be worse.......you could not own a bike at all. :think:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I guess that is a possibility.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
You just need a good ride. Come on over to the 500. Ride the 300 or maybe better yet we can get you a ride on a 520. ;)

dmills

Oct 25, 2000
swift -

if you need any help, lemme know.
i can split/reassemble a '99 KX bottom end in my sleep.
also, if you need me to check with some people i know about better prices, lemme know.
trust me, a 520 ride is VERY therapudic. i took one out last weekend to the 500 & had a great time - funnest play bike i been on in awhile. however, i doubt i could win a race on one.
my KX is on loan to Kerns for a GNCC until the end of the month so i am afoot as well.

Later

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Justql, pm me with details about this weekend. Dmills, the worst part about the motor is the down time waiting for the re-plating. Would you want to work the enduro since your afoot like me? Justql, probably has room in the tailgator.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I'll arrive Friday morning. I'll do some work on Friday on setting the times etc. and marking where the checks will be. Saturday morning I'll start EARLY blocking intersections so the work crew can follow the trails easily.
We have to trim one more test section, check the 80, and drain some water holes(lots of them in themiddle section.) and then hang some more arrows.

One test section is done another about half done and the mini trail is done as well.

dmills

Oct 25, 2000
swift -
can't make it this weekend
i have a garage sale planned all weekend to replenish funds that got depleated by (2) 2000 PWs; a 50 & an 80
i have to ride with the 5 & 9 yr olds to feel competitive anymore

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Mx547- I think the dozer fund needs to be $1200(this might be wrong). And moisture in the ground. I'll see about getting it worked during this summer. We should have enough money afer the enduro. We are also trying to get some bathrooms built.

We also have been discussing a new MX track. Something that uses the area south and west of the present mx track where the big creeks are. It would be a gentler more natural terrain track. I have said that the woods riders would even be in favor of losing "some" of the trails if it was a track we could ride. Maybe this fall we can get Guy out on a dozer. He knows how to build the kinda track I'm talking about.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Lose trail for an MX track??????? What is this nonsense you speak of? Stop sniffing those gas fumes Justin.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Lorin
Lose trail for an MX track??????? What is this nonsense you speak of?

that's funny coming from a closet motocrosser. good to see justin finally coming around.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Closet motocrosser??? Although I do ride an occassional moto (last night, for example), my first love is still trees and trails. Now, if I was better at the mx stuff, I would probably do it more. I just cant quite get the nerve to jump the doubles, etc... Who am I arguing with anyway? Jay, you still ride faster in the trees than the majority of us.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Lorin
Although I do ride an occassional moto (last night, for example)

cool, 59th i presume? i thought they raced on tuesdays or was last nite a practice night? if it was a race, i want to see a race report.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Yup, it was a practice night at 59th, although the vast majority of riders still see it as a race. As to ride reports, once I obtain a marginal level of talent, then and only then, will I venture to share my meager experiences. I really do like riding at 59th though, the new owners change the track around at least once a month. Not just little changes either, different directions, jumps, starting lines, nothing much stays the same except the outside fence enclosing the track.

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
Hey Lorin, get hold a me one of these days about practice days at 59th. The way the track is now, it looks like I might stand a chance of getting around it with out killing myself. I need you to run behind me to keep the kids from landing on me when I chicken out and roll the jumps.

Top Bottom