MOTO ON RM250

Aug 10, 2007
Does anyone know what the average size of a stock 250 2t flywheel? Specifically a 2004 rm250, I understand rm's flywheel is usually smaller than others. Also what would be a good size steahly flywheel to get? Now I'm usually only riding at the track and would like some more traction as they always water it extremely to much.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
RM's use to be known for "instant snap" which also made then them kind of a rear-end swapping handful if you weren't paying close attention. This started to change in 03. For MX, I would think a 6-8oz addition would be all you would want.........although I run 12oz on my woods bike.

MOTO ON RM250

Aug 10, 2007
Do you know there is an adjustment on the exhaust valve to tune where and how it hits?

I am not exactly worried about the hit, i just want more traction. Is that how a heavier flywheel works, it smooths the hit and thats how you get better traction?

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
what he is saying is you can adjust the exhaust valve a little which will bring in a less harsh of a hit in which will give you more traction instead of breaking the rear loose. If I remember you want to turn it a little Counter clockwise and it will ease things up a bit with how hard it hits the powerband. Flywheel weights work also for lugging down low but you can manipulate the powerband strike by the exhaust valve adjustment.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I put a 9 oz flywheel weight on my '01 but it came stock with hardly any weight so I needed more. Stealy has a good chart for how much weight you need for the type of riding you do. I still like some snap but want some traction in the woods so I went with the Aggressive woodsrider/novice MX and it is a good balance. The 8 oz is the equivalent for your year bike. Here's the link to the chart http://www.steahlyoffroad.com/recommendation_charts.htm

Top Bottom