Strange Stock Jetting On Kdx200

leonard1

Jan 11, 2008
I just pulled my 1999 kdx200 down and discovered that the main jet is a 165 and pilot a 48. I am pretty sure this is stock and maybe the setup for Australian delivered bikes. Still thinking of going to a 152 main and a 42 pilot with the neddle in the middle slot. I ride at 500 metres above sea level. It has a rev pipe and will soon have a set of boyseen reeds. Just concerned why it is set up so rich. Any thoughts?

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
I think threads on here will show that you have stock jetting. Our KDXs come from factory jetted very rich. Every bike is different, but I would start with 155 main with your set up, you can always go down to a 152 if warranted, but you don't want to seize the bike right out of the box. 42 pilot should be fine. I and others have had best results with the stock needle in the next to top slot. Ride safe John

leonard1

Jan 11, 2008
Just to clarify is my bike unusual having a 165 main jet out of the box. Is this an Australian thing only or a model thing. Can any one clarify.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
The stock main on the US spec 1999 KDX200 was a #160. Most people will change that to something leaner. The parts diagrams at www.buykawasaki.com show a #165 as the richest 'optional' main jet.

Since most of Oz is low elevation and some folks ride the 200 on the road down there, maybe Kawi does put in a richer jet down under. Or maybe the dealer put it in so that the original owner would bring the bike back in for tuning.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom